Company Name: Schaeffler
Start your career moving in the right direction!
The Schaeffler Group is a global automotive and industrial supplier. Top quality, outstanding technology, and exceptionally innovative spirit form the basis for the continued success of the company. By delivering high-precision components and systems in engine, transmission, and chassis applications, as well as rolling and plain bearing solutions for a large number of industrial applications, the Schaeffler Group is already shaping “Mobility for tomorrow” to a significant degree. The technology company generated sales of approximately EUR 14 billion in 2017. With more than 90,000 employees, Schaeffler is one of the world’s largest family companies and, with approximately 170 locations in over 50 countries, has a worldwide network of manufacturing locations, research and development facilities, and sales companies.
Job Title and Description/Primary Responsibilities: Manufacturing Planning and Logistics Intern
Schaeffler’s Industrial plant in Joplin, Missouri, is seeking a Manufacturing Planning & Logistics Intern. In this role, you will support the supply chain department with projects and continuous improvement of needed KPIs. The main functions are as follows:
- Complete assigned projects
- Learn the planning of material in Joplin
- Creation of production orders
- Work on improvements of assigned KPIs
- Material Planning
- Demand Planning
- Currently enrolled in Supply Chain and Operations Management program preferred
- APICS Certification or working towards
- Analytical skills
- Understanding of material flow
- Ability to foresee potential shortages of material needed and follow through with corrective actions
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management
- Knowledge Inventory, On-Time delivery, Purchasing, Inventory control, and Production
Learning Outcomes of Internship: Prepare for a professional position in a manufacturing facility in the MP&L organization.
Job Location: Joplin, MO
Start Date/End Date: Fall 2020
Pay/Compensation: Based on education level, starting at $12.50/hour for freshmen
Application Instructions: To apply for this position please go to https://www.schaeffler.com/content.schaeffler.com/en/careers/jobs/jobs.jsp, scroll down to North America, select “Job Search” then search for Location “Joplin, Missouri”