Company Name: Regions Bank
Company Website: https://www.regions.com/personal-banking
Regions Financial Corporation is a member of the S&P 500 Index and is one of the nation’s largest full-service providers of consumer and commercial banking, wealth management and mortgage products and services. Regions serves customers across the South, Midwest and Texas.
Job Title and Description/Primary Responsibilities: Commercial Bank Summer Intern
The Regions Commercial Bank Summer Analyst Program offers internship opportunities to college students across Regions Commercial Bank, which includes a comprehensive suite of Commercial Lending, Depository, Specialized Services and Treasury Management capabilities. Summer Analysts will gain hands-on experience and exposure to various origination and execution responsibilities, including participation in planning and execution of client relationship banking strategies, partnering with internal business groups to deepen client relationships, interaction with Credit Products organization to understand underwriting foundations, and learn the basics of multiple business type operations and banking needs. Summer Analysts will operate as key team members supporting both internal and external client initiatives.
Summer Analysts will be assigned to a specific Commercial Banking teams (team members include Relationship Managers (RM), Treasury Management Officers (TMO), Commercial Banking and Treasury Management Leaders) located primarily in Atlanta, Birmingham, Houston, ST. Louis, Nashville or Orlando / Tampa. Summer Analysts will participate in centralized training sessions and have opportunities to interact with senior members to gain exposure to the various groups within Regions Commercial Bank.
- At least a rising junior-level college student, majoring in finance, economics, marketing or a related business major
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in business classes
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven dedication to excellence, achieving results and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-focused environment
- Strong analytical, verbal / written communication and organization skills
- Microsoft Office skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn the operational needs of our Commercial clients through the Commercial RM and TMO job functions. Analysts will participate in client conversations and execute on client requests.
- Participate in client call planning process with RMs and TMOs, which includes assisting with pre-planning research and due diligence.
- Participate and complete research and / or pre-planning materials for partner meetings as assigned by RM and TMO. Partners may include Credit Products, Private Wealth, Problem Asset Management (PAM), etc.
- Conduct research on RM and TMO client prospects.
- Assist with communicating financial document requirements to clients and prepare underwriting packages to submit to Credit Products partners as well as assist TMO with preparation of working capital maps.
Hours: 10 week program
Internship Start Date: Summer 2021
Internship End Date: End of Summer 2021
Application Instructions: Visit regions.com/etp and apply.