Windows 10 is scheduled to go end-of-life in October of 2025. This means Microsoft will no longer be providing support or security updates to this operating system. Due to this we’ll need to upgrade all computers in MCHHS to Windows 11 by this date. In general, any computer that’s about 5 years old or newer will support Windows 11.
If you’d like to get a jump start on the updated OS then please follow the directions below while on the campus network.
- In Windows – Go to Search and type Software Center
- Click Operating Systems
- Click the OSD UPGRADE- Windows 11 Education x64
- Make sure all programs are closed before starting
- The process should take around 30-45 minutes
- A couple reboots might required
- No data or settings will be lost