There are numerous ways to attend and integrate one or more of the 19 virtual offerings and 3 in-person events of the 2023 Public Affairs Conference into the classroom. Below are just a few ways for fun and effective student comprehension. Live Zoom sessions follow the general schedule of class times. Panel recordings will be available after the conference until October 20th via Stream for those with an MSU id and password. The conference’s schedule page will host the recording links.
- Show one of the Zoom Webinar panel sessions that relates to your course content and use as discussion in your next class or over rest of semester
- As an assignment, have students attend 1-2 sessions in or outside of class and write a reflection on what they learned from the session
- Give extra credit for attending and have students write 2-5 true or false questions (with answer) given the content from the session
- Each panel speaker shares from a unique perspective: have students share those 3-4 multiple viewpoints and if those various viewpoints influenced their thoughts on the topic
- Have students select a session of choice and write a paragraph on how that topic related to them personally or to your specific class.
BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
Faculty, staff, students and members of the community are also encouraged to incorporate one or more events their special projects, community engagements or employee development!
MORE IDEAS AND QUESTIONS
For additional ideas contact the Office of Public Affairs Support at 417-836-8832 or email at PublicAffairsSupport@MissouriState.edu!