The Springfield Police Department is investigating a report of robbery that occurred on campus. The incident occurred at 12:05 a.m. on Friday, December 6, on the sidewalk on Cherry Street south of Juanita K Hammons Hall. Two suspects approached the victim and demanded the victim’s wallet and threatened the victim. The victim gave the suspects his wallet and the suspects departed north. A weapon was not displayed.
The first suspect is described as a white male, 20-25 years old, thin build, 5’11”to 6’ tall, wearing dark clothing and a gray stocking cap and the second suspect is described as a white male, 20-25 years old, thin build 5’7” to 5’10” tall, wearing a dark shirt, light colored pants, and a dark stocking cap.
If you have any information concerning this incident, you are encouraged to contact the Springfield Police Department at (417) 864-1810 or 9-1-1 for immediate assistance.
- Become familiar with the Bear Line Shuttle schedule. You can find more information at: https://www.missouristate.edu/transportation/bearline/.
- If you feel uncomfortable walking on campus, call for a safewalk. Learn more at: https://www.missouristate.edu/safety/safe-walk.htm.
- Travel well-lit, busy routes.
- When possible, travel in groups during hours of darkness.
- Be aware of your surroundings and alert to suspicious activity.
- If you see suspicious activity, contact Springfield Police at 9-1-1.
This notice is distributed in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provisions of the federal
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.