Take a moment to see some of the things going on in the Division of Student Affairs.
- Admissions Summer Visit Day – The first Summer Visit Day hosted by Office of Admissions will take place on Friday, June 23rd. To find out more information, visit https://www.missouristate.edu/admissions/visitcampus.htm
- COVID vaccinations available at Magers Health and Wellness – Vaccination clinics will be offered this summer on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday afternoons. Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson vaccinations are available by appointment at Magers Health and Wellness Center. You will choose the vaccine you want when scheduling your appointment. Visit https://health.missouristate.edu/ to schedule your appointment.
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Coordinator Open Forum – The Office of Student Engagement invites Division of Student Affairs’ Community Members to meet the Fraternity and Sorority Life Coordinator position finalists. Each candidate will provide a brief presentation followed by a time for DOSA members to ask questions. All the forums will be held in PSU 313, the Traywick Parliamentary Room, and they will also be accessible online via Zoom at: https://missouristate.zoom.us/my/jarnoldcook, Meeting ID 338 907 1802. The candidates are scheduled as follows:
Monday, June 28, 1:00PM to 1:45PM, Elizabeth Longmire
Tuesday, June 29, 1:30PM to 2:15PM, Malaree Hood
Wednesday, June 30, 1:00PM to 1:45PM, Isaiah Villarreal
- Board of Governor’s Meeting – The Missouri State University Board of Governors will hold its regular meeting on Friday, June 18th, 1-5pm, in the West Plains Civic Center Room Magnolia Room. Meeting agendas can be found here: https://www.missouristate.edu/BOG/Agendas/
- Juneteenth campus event to be held June 18 – Join the university community in celebration of Juneteenth on June 18. The event will be held in the Plaster Student Union Theatre beginning at 1:30 p.m. You will also enjoy a performance by the community gospel choir, led by Robert Gibson.
From Dr. Lyle Foster, you will learn about:
- The significance of Juneteenth.
- The traditions, songs and symbols surrounding this celebration.
- The Springfield chapter of the NAACP Juneteenth event (to be held June 19)
Following the Juneteenth celebration, the Springfield campus will close from 3 to 5 p.m. Issues related to essential personnel, time reporting, and compensation for this closure are addressed in section 2.15 of the Employee Handbook. Supervisors will work with their staff on how to coordinate coverage if coverage is required.
BONUS: We are excited to welcome the following new staff members who have recently joined us and have been with the Division of Student Affairs since May 1st. Take a moment to send them your best wishes.
Heather Cinkosky Accounting Specialist HEALTH & WELLNESS CENTER Grey Garris Assistant Director, Multicultural Programs-LGBTQ+ Student Services MULTICULTURAL Programs & Student DIVERSITY Gabrielle Catlin Assistant Director, Student Conduct DEAN OF STUDENTS OFFICE Deborah Ellis Business Office & Financial Coordinator HEALTH & WELLNESS CENTER Steve Turner Custodial Specialist Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services Jason Tenney Custodian I Facility Management-CUSTODIAL James Spivy Custodian I PLASTER STUDENT UNION PHYSICAL Plant Krishia Weber Medical Assistant HEALTH & WELLNESS CENTER Jennifer McNay Physician Medical Staff HEALTH & WELLNESS CENTER Priscilla Childress Director, New Student Orientation, Family Programs and Student Affairs Special Events DEAN OF STUDENTS OFFICE