Take a moment to see what’s going on this week in the Division of Student Affairs.
1. Join LGBTQ+ Heritage Month celebrations this October – Multicultural programs will host live and virtual events throughout October to celebrate LGBTQ+ Heritage Month. Visit https://news.missouristate.edu/2021/09/29/join-lgbtq-heritage-month-celebrations-this-october/ to see the listing of events.
2. Volunteer to Assist with SOAR Leader Selection on Saturday, November 6th – SOAR leaders play a critical role in the University’s retention efforts. These leaders represent the student body and the institution as they help welcome and transition new students and families to Missouri State during orientation. By serving as an evaluator during SOAR Carousel (our annual interview process) on November 6th, you can influence the experience hundreds of new students will have. Learn more here: https://blogs.missouristate.edu/bearsfamilies/2021/10/11/calling-all-missouri-state-faculty-and-staff-volunteer-to-be-a-soar-carousel-evaluator/
3. Trunk or Treat – Join the Residence Hall Association (RHA) for a Community Trunk or Treat on October 28th, 6-8pm on the North Mall. 20+ Missouri State student organizations will be represented. RHA will be collecting non-perishable food items at the entrance for Missouri State’s Bear Pantry.
4. Join Missouri State Catering for a Hocus Pocus event on October 28th in the Union Club – The Union Club will be full of Hocus Pocus on October 28th, 11am-1pm, celebrating all things Halloween. There will be games and prizes, and a chance to win a Rum Cake. The food will include Wickedly Roasted Bones, Swamp Greens and more. Don’t miss this spooky event!
5. Take part in the upcoming interviews for the DRC Access Advisor position and the Associate Director, Disability Resource Center-Access Technology Center. They are as follows:
October 19th – Tara Friga, DRC Access Advisor position – PSU 312, 9:50-10:30am – Question and Answer Session
October 22nd – Chelsea Davis, DRC Access Advisor position – PSU 312, 9:15-10am – Question and Answer Session
October 22nd – Nikki Combs, DRC Access Advisor position – PSU 312, 2:15-3pm – Question and Answer Session
October 21st – Julie Anderson-Ituarte, Associate Director, Disability Resource Center-Access Technology Center position – Library 101, 4:15pm or on Zoom – https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/98970669311?pwd=bi93S1RZRE9rOGNKWHB3blFBRytRUT09, Meeting ID: 989 7066 9311 Passcode: 706235
Bonus: The Grad Fair will take place on Oct 20 or Oct 21. Grad Fair will be open from 9am – 12pm and 1pm – 6pm on both days and located on the third floor of the PSU in the Grand Ballroom. There will be many departments from around the campus there to answer questions for our graduating Bears, games and prizes throughout each day as well to make this event worth the stop. https://www.missouristate.edu/Commencement/For-Graduates.htm