Are you the type of person who loves giving gifts but never know what to purchase? Well this is the post for you! Whether you’re going for something someone could wear on a cozy day in or an active day out, this list will provide an array of options. Whether it’s for a friend, family member, or even yourself these gifts are bound to benefit everyone involved. Here is a sustainable gift guide you can go by to make sure that your gifts are environmentally friendly and meaningful!
Give the gift of experiences
In Springfield, there are plenty of events going on throughout this time of year. No matter what holiday you celebrate, there are plenty of concerts, games, and plays to buy tickets for. You can find a link to the list of Springfield events here! A few events from the list will be noted below.
Support the arts!
- Elf Jr. will be showing from December 7th to 10th in Springfield Little Theatre. Tickets are only $12 and up. This could be a fun activity if you’ve got younger family members!
- The Nutcracker will be showing in the Landers Theatre from December 15th to the 18th. Tickets are only $20 to $30!
- On December 9th, Springfield Symphony will have a holiday concert on campus in the Juanita K. Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts. Tickets are only $17 to $36 and there are discounts for students and seniors!
- The Second Saturday Art Walk will be happening downtown on December 9th from 1:00 to 5:00 pm! Admission is free!
Support the bears!
- Missouri Ice Bears Hockey will be happening December 8-9, February 2-3 and 16-17 in Mediacom Ice Park! Tickets for students are $4 for general admission and they are buy one get one free! Make sure you bring your BearPass!
- The Missouri State Men’s Basketball team will frequently be playing in JQH arena throughout winter break. A few of these dates include December 22nd and 31st, January 4th, 7th, 10th, and 14th. All Missouri State students get in free, so don’t forget your BearPass!
Give and Give Back
Whether you’re giving food, clothes, or blood, search around for some different opportunities to give back to the community.
In our previous blog, we mentioned some volunteer opportunities that could be found on Give Pulse. Check out a link to that blog here!
Here are a few sustainable gift ideas that you can keep in mind for this holiday season!
Who doesn’t love the gift of food? This is the coziest time of year, so bake up some sweets and give them to your loved ones!
If you enjoy creating, then make something for your loved ones! Knit some cozy socks, paint a portrait, or build something useful!
- Give things that can be reused
These are the type of gifts that can be useful to any person. A few examples are reusable water bottles, reusable bags, and mason jars.
Have a safe winter break! Rest up for next semester, have fun, and go bears!