Celebrating 112 years of Missouri State University
March 17, 2017 marks the 112th anniversary of the founding of State Normal School #4, which later became Missouri State University.
In celebration of this milestone, the R.E.A.L. Bears student organization is hosting a series of festive events.
What: MSU’s 112th Birthday Party
When: March 21, 2017
Where:Plaster Student Union
Time: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Who: Everyone who loves MSU
How: Celebrate Missouri State, give back and share your love for maroon and white on social media.
- Celebrate: Head to the PSU for several fun activities including selfies with President Clif Smart and Boomer from 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Give back: Show your Missouri State pride and support students in need by purchasing the Be a Bear T-Shirt or donate to your favorite crowdfunding project.
- Share: Wish Missouri State and Boomer a happy birthday by changing your social media profile, sharing a happy birthday message and/or snapping a selfie with Clif and Boomer.
Make your post social media savvy
Below you’ll find suggested social media language and graphics to help spread the word and celebrate the 112th birthday.
- Tag your post with the official 112th birthday hashtag: #BirthdayBears
- Whenever possible tag Missouri State University or @missouristate
- When applicable, tag RE.A.L. Bears or @REAL_Bears_MSU
- When applicable, use the hashtag: #BearCrowd
- If you would like to provide a link for more information use http://bit.ly/2Birthday17.
- When you attend the birthday party pull up Snapchat to access our Snapchat filter. Plus you can share a photo or quote about the great time you’re having with fellow Bears on your other social networks.
Sample social media posts
How to tweet and make a Facebook post.
- Join fellow Bears in celebrating @MissouriState’s 112th birthday! #BirthdayBears #SGF http://bit.ly/2Birthday17 [Insert a photo of your choice]
- Give a birthday present to your favorite projects at Missouri State #BearCrowd #BirthdayBears
- #GoMaroon, support students in emergency situations w/ the Be a Bear T-Shirt: http://bit.ly/BeABear #BirthdayBears [Insert the T-shirt photo]
Join Missouri State’s Birthday Party: https://facebook.com/events/198982937251429/
Caption: Purchase a Be a Bear T-shirt to show your Missouri State spirit and support students in need through the Emergency Scholarship Fund: http://bit.ly/BeABear #BirthdayBears
Caption: Join fellow Bears in celebrating 112 years of Missouri State University! http://bit.ly/2Birthday17 #BirthdayBears
Crowdfunding sample social media posts for #BirthdayBears
- Give in celebration of @MissouriState’s 112th Birthday. Share your love of the maroon and white! http://bit.ly/2eODjiM #BirthdayBears #BearCrowd
- Share your <3 of @MissouriState by giving back! http://bit.ly/2eODjiM #BirthdayBears #BearCrowd
- It’s MSU’s 112 birthday! Celebrate at events and give back to MSU! #BirthdayBears #BearCrowd http://bit.ly/2eODjiM
Sample Facebook posts
Celebrate Missouri State’s 112th Birthday with fellow #BirthdayBears.
- Missouri State University is 112! Celebrate, make a difference and give back: http://bit.ly/2eODjiM #BirthdayBears #BearCrowd
- Celebrate Missouri State’s 112th birthday by making a gift! By giving back, you are supporting current and future Bears, and celebrating @MissouriState! http://bit.ly/2eODjiM #BirthdayBears #BearCrowd
Social media posts for specific #BearCrowd campaigns
- Share your love of @MissouriState and support #BirthdayBears! Visit the Concrete Canoe campaign to see how you can help! #BearCrowd http://gvcmp.us/5tkdyw
- Missouri State’s birthday is a great day to make a difference! As #BirthdayBears, make a gift and share the Occupational Therapy National Conference campaign on social media! #BearCrowd http://gvcmp.us/ro27y9
- Happy Birthday Missouri State! Celebrate with other #BirthdayBears by making a gift to the New Orleans Immersion Trip campaign! http://gvcmp.us/hsv2g5
Current campaigns to support at Missouri State University
- Asheville, NC Immersion Trip http://gvcmp.us/p2zp2m
- Atlanta, GA Immersion Trip http://gvcmp.us/j6muph
- Aurora, CO Immersion Trip http://gvcmp.us/nxv64t
- Dallas, TX Immersion Trip http://gvcmp.us/kh87we
- Film: Syrian Doctor Treats Refugee Children http://gvcmp.us/mw5o5f
- Indianapolis, IN Immersion Trip http://gvcmp.us/ouiabc
- Missouri State Concrete Canoe http://gvcmp.us/5tkdyw
- Missouri State Winter Guards http://gvcmp.us/a7dx9t (campaign ends 3/5 )
- New Orleans, LA Immersion Trip http://gvcmp.us/hsv2g5
- Occupational Therapy National Conference http://gvcmp.us/ro27y9
- Ursa Experience http://gvcmp.us/058mwa(campaign ends 3/10)
- MSU I-O Club SIOP Conference Triphttp://gvcmp.us/6vbda9
How to show your support for a crowdfunding campaign
- Make a gift. Big or small, every gift counts.
- Become an advocate. Create a GiveCampus account and gain the ability to track your impact. See how many clicks, gifts, and dollars your outreach generates.
- Share the campaign by word of mouth or via the campaign’s Facebook and Twitter buttons.
- Create a matching gift or challenge to encourage others in your network to give. You can match dollar for dollar up to a fixed amount and even structure your challenge to be based on donor participation.
- Upload a personal plea – a short video to explain your support and to encourage others to give.
Interested in creating a campaign on MSU Crowdfunding?
Faculty, staff, and student organizations can create campaigns on MSU Crowdfunding. We provide campaign owners with tools and templates. There are also hands-on workshops available to further assist you in building and managing your campaigns.
Please email email@example.com if you’re interested in creating a campaign or if you have any questions regarding MSU Crowdfunding.