Recently the Management Information Systems (MIS) team kicked off a project to improve new employee onboarding in the department. The project represents a collaborative effort among several analysts that have been identified as “gurus” for tools, applications, or topics that the team utilizes internally.
The gurus will create a brief overview of their tool, application, or topic on the department’s wiki page. The overview will include any standards and best practices associated with the topic. Once complete, the wiki will serve as a starting point for new employee training as well as a comprehensive reference library for existing staff. When new staff members join the team, each guru will take time to present on their area of expertise to the new employee.
The team expects to achieve many benefits from this project including better connection between existing and new staff members, shortened learning curve for new staff, and improved documentation of internal systems and tools. Please contact Sarah Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information on the MIS Onboarding Project.
Written by Sarah Williams, Analyst MIS Student and Academic Team
- Celebrating Marianne Stanley - May 9, 2022
- Banner XE - August 6, 2015
- FERPA Hold - August 6, 2015
- 25Live for Class Schedule Builders - July 8, 2015
- New Fee Waiver Application - April 2, 2015
- Improving Argos Reporting - April 2, 2015
- Ellucian rolls out eCommunities - January 16, 2015
- Requesting a Data Check Before Sending Data Off Campus - December 17, 2014
- Welcoming New Staff to the MIS Team - December 17, 2014
- Enhanced Database and Report Search Features - December 17, 2014