In the College of Arts & Letters, we’re fortunate to have many opportunities to capture engaging imagery.
Over the past year, we’ve taken steps to make sure this imagery is as strategic and accessible as possible.
We’ve transitioned to a photo shelter, which allows users to browse photos available for editorial use. These photos are available by request, at no charge, to Missouri State departments and offices and media partners.
In curating this collection, we’ve implemented certain guiding principles. Photos included in the collection should:
- Have broad editorial use
- Be appropriate size and quality for our most common purposes (publications and brochures; social media platforms; websites)
- Highlight the vibrant nature of COAL’s learning community (Particular attention is paid to photos that show our students actively engaged in the learning process — both inside and outside the classroom.)
The photos are organized into seven galleries, one for each of COAL’s academic departments. We will continue to build these galleries, offering more and more photo choices. Many of the photos on display can be sized or cropped for a variety of purposes.
Sample editorial images
To request a photo
- Browse the collection at: www.msucoalimages.photoshelter.com
- Copy and paste the url for each photo you’d like to request (For example, this is the url of a specific COAL photo: https://msucoalimages.photoshelter.com/portfolio/G0000cRzNkNnNdiE/I0000nyPV_1TSEJ4)
- Email the urls of the photos you are requesting to Lucie Amberg
- Include information about where you would like to use this photo so that we may provide the appropriate file size for your purpose
- Please allow two business days for your request
To suggest a photo opportunity
We are currently pursuing additional opportunities to add editorial images. If you have a photo suggestion, please reach out via the communication request form.
Please keep in mind that we receive a high volume of requests and can’t meet each one. We do, however, greatly appreciate being made aware of opportunities and do everything we can to fulfill as many requests as possible.