1. AmeriCorps at Missouri State University
A new AmeriCorps Program – R.E.L.I.E.F. (Recovering from Covid-19 through Education, Local partnerships, Interdisciplinary Efforts, and Food assistance) – will be launching in Spring 2022 on MSU’s campus.
Housed within the Center for Community Engagement and Service-Learning departments, 10 AmeriCorps positions are open for anyone 17 years of age or older.
Why serve with AmeriCorps at Missouri State University?
This position will support the Bear Pantry at MSU with the goal of making healthy food accessible to the MSU community.
A few responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing monthly healthy lifestyle and nutrition workshops
- Conducting real-time needs assessments
- Assisting in the pantry’s coordination, expansion, and sustainability in the Missouri State University campus and in the greater Springfield community
What does the AmeriCorps position offer?
Education award, disaster relief training, and a monthly living allowance with 30 working hours per week.
Who is eligible to become an AmeriCorps member?
To serve with AmeriCorps, applicants must be:
- 17 years old or older
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Able to commit to 30 hours/week from February 1, 2022 to July 31, 2022
How to apply for AmeriCorps at Missouri State University?
Email your resume and cover letter to AlexJohnson@MissouriState.edu
2. Student Leadership at the Bear Pantry
Not Sure that AmeriCorps is for you, but still interested in involvement with the Bear Pantry?
The Bear Pantry is adding new student leadership positions in the spring semester. Undergraduate students enrolled at MSU are eligible to join the BP Team. Fill out this quick form and a Bear Pantry staff member will be in contact with you in January 2022!