Cherry Street Underground Water and Gas Main Replacement
City Utilities is replacing the underground piping on the south side of Cherry Street between JQH Parkway and Kimbrough Ave.
- The project is currently planned for October 19, 2020 through January 17, 2021.
- Maintaining safe pedestrian access across Cherry Street is a priority for this project.
- The east-bound and center lane of Cherry Street will be closed and traffic detoured beginning October 19.
- Only WEST BOUND vehicular traffic will be allowed on Cherry Street from JQH Parkway to Kimbrough Avenue.
- East bound Cherry Street traffic will be detoured north to Elm Street, east to JQH Parkway, and south back to Cherry Street.
- Access to buildings and parking lots on the north side of Cherry Street will be maintained. Bear Park North will remain open. Pedestrian traffic may need to make adjustments.
- The Bear Park North shuttle stop will remain open for all Bear Line shuttle routes and the impact to MSU Bear Line in this area is expected to be minimal.
- The North half of Holland Avenue adjacent to the O’Reilly Clinical Health Sciences Center will be closed to all traffic.
- Parking Lot 35 (south of O’Reilly Clinical Health Sciences Center) will remain open for the duration of the project.
- This project is funded and managed by City Utilities.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email Michael Cavin, Engineer, Facilities Management, email@example.com or call 417-836-4197.