As our fiscal year comes to a close, we remind you to check your current leave balance. In the past, some employees ended up losing leave at the end of the fiscal year (June 30th)
- Employees accrue vacation monthly and may carry days forward from one month to the next.
- The maximum amount of vacation that can be carried over cannot exceed two times the employee’s annual allowance.
- Example: If an employee earns vacation at the rate of 13.34 hours per pay period or 160 hours per year (20 days), the employee may carry forward up to a maximum of 320 hours (40 days) total.
How to ensure I don’t “lose” any vacation days
- Use It! This will not only prevent you from losing days, but taking vacation and getting away from work, or varying your daily routine can help in your overall physical and mental resilience. Take some time, recharge, re-energize and prevent burnout!
- You can also consider donating to the Shared Leave Pool at Missouri State. You can voluntarily donate accumulated vacation time as defined in the Leave Benefits section of the Employee Handbook to the Shared Leave Pool which will aid eligible employees who are unable to work because of a qualifying event. For information on how to donate see https://www.missouristate.edu/human/shared-leave.htm.
Please contact the Office of Human Resources with any questions at 417-836-5102.