What is Open Enrollment?
Open enrollment is the annual period during which you can elect/decline/or make changes to your medical, dental, vision, and cafeteria/flexible spending plans for the upcoming calendar year. Flexible spending elections must be elected annually. Additionally, our Term life carrier is providing guaranteed issue and we have a new supplemental short term disability benefit. Open enrollment for the 2022 benefits year will run from Nov. 1, 2021 through Dec. 1, 2021.
Do I need to do to complete open enrollment?
Even if you do not wish to make changes, you should complete open enrollment to review your plans for accuracy, verify your personal information is up to date, and make sure you have your beneficiaries updated.
Enrollment in the cafeteria (flexible spending) plan is outside of the open enrollment system.
Flexible spending elections must be made yearly.
How do I complete open enrollment?
You may call 877-282-0808 or 417-836-3000 to have a benefit counselor assist you over the phone, or you may complete electronically through my Missouri state portal.
- Log in to My Missouri State.
- Select the Profile tab.
- In the Employment Details section, select Online Benefits Enrollment.
Virtual benefit fair?
We are pleased to announce that we are hosting a virtual benefit fair. The virtual Benefit fair is interactive. Attendees will find out more information about benefits by visiting virtual tables and be entered for prizes. Participants can invite a guest to attend. The virtual fair will run con-current with Open enrollment and be available for viewing from Nov. 1, 2021 through Dec. 1, 2021.
What’s New this year?
New Term life carrier:
As previously announced, the University is switching carriers for the Group Basic and Supplemental Term life coverage. This change has no impact on the cost of supplemental term life coverage. However, there are changes that will impact you.
- Basic and supplemental coverage will no longer be tied together to determine guaranteed issue amounts.
- Supplemental coverage guaranteed issue will be $300k (for employees). Guaranteed issue is being offered during this Open enrollment period for both employee supplemental and dependent supplemental coverage.
New Short term disability coverage:
Short term disability pays you benefits to replace a portion of your income if you’re unable to work due to an illness or off-the-job injury.
This benefit is supplemental coverage available in addition to sick/vacation time.
- Payment, based on medical necessity, is paid up to employee’s ability to return to work or Long-term disability eligibility and does not offset other income including sick/vacation time.
- Pre-existing conditions have minimum allowed time of 4 weeks. Pre-existing limitation does not apply after coverage in force for 1 year.
- Guaranteed issue during open enrollment means no medical questions.
- 2 coverage levels allow you to choose the option that fits your needs and works with your budget.
Wellness incentive for savings on health premiums:
The wellness incentive for the 2022 health premium discount is based on completion of Covid 19 and Flu vaccinations.
COVID-19 vaccine shot (must complete vaccine regimen based on the type of vaccine administered, single or double dose): qualifies for $20 per month discount.
- Flu vaccine shot: qualifies for $10 per month discount.
- Flu Vaccines credit runs from 1 September, 2021 through 1 December, 2021.
- Both vaccinations must be administered prior to December 1, 2021 to qualify for the maximum $30 per month health insurance premium discount.
- For employees to receive the wellness incentive you must submit a copy of your COVID‑19 vaccination card or other written documentation to Magers. Options include: