Marketing Initiative and Research Intern – BKD
BKD is a place where people build careers, gain new skills and enjoy big firm resources with a small firm approach to teamwork and camaraderie. We focus on providing unmatched client service to everyone we encounter—both in the marketplace and in our offices.
We also offer the support, resources and opportunities you need to further develop your career. We listen to learn, combine innovation with practicality and give back to the communities where we live and work.
See what we offer new hires in terms of competitive compensation, People First benefits and paid time off.
Take your career to the next level at BKD.
BKD, LLP, a national CPA and advisory firm, can help individuals and businesses realize their goals. Our approximately 2,600 dedicated professionals provide solutions for clients in all 50 states and internationally. BKD and its subsidiaries offer a variety of tax, accounting and consulting services and combine the insight and ideas of thought leaders in multiple industries. Learn more at bkd.com.
We are looking for a Marketing Initiatives & Research Intern to join our National Headquarters.
The primary focus of the Marketing Initiative & Research Intern is to research and identify appropriate decision makers, update and maintain contact information in the firm’s CRM system and secure qualified meetings to assist and support growth opportunities, leverage partner time, increase name and brand recognition and support new services and markets in early stages of the sales process.
- Gain and maintain a strong working knowledge of BKD’s key products and services―their application, value proposition, general mechanics and key objections
- Professionally and courteously initiate phone conversations with C-level corporate executives regarding specific BKD key service offerings
- Promote and manage campaigns with offices, regions and industries
- Actively use the firm’s systems and tools to maintain detailed and accurate records of clients and prospects, including conversations held and activity generated
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of activity and results, as well as ad hoc reporting as requested and needed by management
- Nurture strong communication channels with BKD offices
- Assist in coaching and educating BKD professionals on issues related to effective use of professional telemarketing
- Ability to maintain integrity
- Must be currently enrolled in a degree program in related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (in major and overall) preferred
- 1+ years’ work experience―customer service or sales background a plus
- Proficient computer and software use, especially spreadsheets
- CRM experience is advantageous
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to initiate business conversations via phone
- Ability to establish and hold active and responsive conversations with corporate executives―both externally and internally
- Goal-and results-oriented
- Strong business judgment
- Ability to professionally overcome prospect rejections with integrity
- Organizational skills, including handling multiple projects
- Leadership characteristics are a plus
- Attention to detail and proactive
- High aptitude toward punctuality in all facets of work
U.S. citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status is required for this position.
Experience the BKD difference for yourself. For more information about our firm locations, visit bkd.com. BKD, LLP is an equal opportunity employer with policies designed to ensure equal opportunities in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, training and development without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion or creed, disability, national origin or any other protected status.
BKD does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. BKD will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed BKD vendor agreement. Any resume or CV submitted to any employee of BKD without having a BKD vendor agreement in place will be considered property of BKD. BKD will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.