As an Intern at New Honor Society, you’ll be part of a real team, getting real world experience on real assignments we do every day. Really. You’ll never be asked to fetch coffee or walk our dogs or cut your hair. Unless that’s your thing. In which case, fetch away, you beautiful hairy freak. No, this is a legitimate opportunity to get your hands dirty and make something awesome. If that sounds good to you, read on.
* *But only if you’re a college student entering your senior year or are graduating in spring of 2019
When: June 3 – August 2
HOW TO APPLY
- Write a cover letter specifying your desired position and include a resume.
- Complete the assignment only for the position you are seeking.
- Submit all correspondence in one email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop us a message on Instagram by tagging @newhonorsociety and using the hashtag #NHSinterngram. Anything you want it to be. Flex those creative muscles.
Deadline: March 15
QUESTIONS? Give us a shout at email@example.com
WHO WE WANT // THE POSITIONS
- Use visual media to make marketing ideas come to life
- Create unique looks and identities for brands and their elements
- Work closely with copywriter to happily marry copy and visuals
- Write smart, creative and strategically sound copy
- Create creative concepts and ideas to activate consumers
- Demonstrate ability to write for social media
- Write in the voice of a mother of three, blue collar construction worker, a tech-savvy teacher and a talking dog
- Develop new digital content ideas and create sound social media strategies
- Stay up to date on industry and social trends and be the “go-to intern” for all things social media
- Execute tactical approaches (i.e. posting content, online engagement/ community management, influencer activations)
- Become the liaison between the client and the agency
- Brief and kick off internal team members
- Manage timelines, budgets and creatives
WHAT TO DO // CREATIVE ASSIGNMENT
ART DIRECTOR/WRITER ASSIGNMENT:
Show us what you’ve got. In addition to your resume and cover letter, submit samples that best express your creative super powers, either as a PDF or a link. Think beyond school. Think beyond print. Think.
Show us work for a brand you love. Or a brand that could use some love. Show us the kind of things you make when you aren’t sleeping in the back of history class or applying for intern positions.
SOCIAL MEDIA ASSIGNMENT:
Show us examples of any social media strategies, content creation, or creative social work. Examples can be from school, work, internships, a personal blog or social account.
Critique the social strategy and success of your choice of one of these four brands: Wendy’s, Patagonia, Pepsi, or Google Maps. Briefly tell us what you like or do not like about their strategy, why you think they are successful, and what you would do differently.
ACCOUNT COORDINATOR ASSIGNMENT:
ACCOUNT COORDINATORS & STRATEGIC PLANNER ASSIGNMENT: Complete this short assignment below so that we can gauge your critical thinking abilities. Use the information about PANTRY as a reference to inform your answers.
- Use all the information you have on PANTRY(below) to write an assignment brief using the brief “template” (below). This brief is how you will communicate the assignment to the creative team.
- What information do you feel is missing in order to write a complete and thorough brief? What else do you want to know about the brand, competition, target audience and marketplace that you can research and include in the appropriate sections of the brief?
- Longtime client (GLOBOTECH) is introducing a new product called PANTRY. PANTRY is an app and digital resource that allows consumers to organize and synergize their kitchens. What food, appliances, kitchen implements, flatware, etc. users have, where they put it, what they’ll need for certain recipes, shopping lists, and more are all made simple with PANTRY. Nothing like PANTRY exists on the market; it’s an entirely new offering in a new category. Beyond the product itself and the name, no identity has been established, but PANTRY has a simple, modern interface (informed by products like NEST).
- National Primary: Professional Moms 25-40
- Secondary: Young professional couples- M/W 25-35
- Extremely busy, pressed for time
- On a budget, but appreciate quality and will pay more for it
- Like clean, simple design
- Love their kitchens and love to cook
- Introduce the target audience(s) to PANTRY in a memorable and impactful fashion.
- What is the assignment?
- What is the purpose or goal of the assignment?
- Brand Benefit
- What about the brand will motivate the consumer to take action?
- Barrier or Challenge
- What is the biggest barrier or challenge to accomplishing the objective?
- Who is the target consumer? We’re looking for things beyond just demographics here.
- Target Insight
- What is the most relevant insight into the consumer’s behavior as it relates to the brand/product?
- How are you, the agency, going to accomplish the objective?
- Any creative considerations or mandatories that should be taken into account?