We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As a Marketing Coordinator with our Springfield, MO office, you will work closely with our technical staff to develop a strategy and coordinate the production of marketing materials. You will facilitate the go/no go decision process, prepare proposal and interview materials, and lead project specific strategy and kickoff meetings. You will also plan, produce, and coordinate a range of other marketing support activities which could include market research, identifying leads, reviewing/editing technical writing, assisting with conferences and client events, and maintaining the marketing database. Excellent writing, editing, communication, coordination, and strategic thinking skills are needed. You also must be able to work well under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet strict deadlines. This role will be based in either Overland Park, KS or Springfield, MO. Please apply to the appropriate location of interest.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Writing/Journalism, or related major
- 3-5 years’ of related experience including proposal writing
- Prior experience in the A/E industry in a related position preferred, but not required (looking for hard-working candidate with intellectual curiosity)
- Proficiency with InDesign, Adobe products, and Microsoft Office products
- Previous experience with Deltek Vision preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), listening, and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Focus on customer service
Self-motivation with the ability to work independently
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements