Work Location: Springfield Campus
Department: Office of Admission
Hiring Range: $14.04 – $18.14
Description of Primary Duties:
- The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist uses creativity, imagination, originality, and talent to develop, write, and edit materials for the University’s customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist interprets and presents the Missouri State University brand to all audiences and creates action-oriented digital marketing copy aimed at prospective students, inquiries, and applicants.
- The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist supports all aspects of the CRM system including communication campaigns, landing pages, and events. The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist builds and maintains content associated with the CRM and proofreads original copy, as well as prepared materials, for readability and grammatical correctness.
- The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist meets with visiting students and parents, makes formal presentations, and works with the Assistant Director, Admissions – Events, Outreach and Recruitment in matters concerning targeted audiences, editorial style, and format in order to ensure consistency and quality of written content published in print or online.
- The Admissions and Marketing Systems Specialist represents Missouri State University at college fairs and high school/community college recruitment visits, counsels prospective students and their parents regarding admission requirements, academic programs, financial aid and scholarships, residence life and housing, student organizations, and activities, and responds to written, phone, email and in-person inquiries.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree granted prior to the start date of the position is required; a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communication, English or a related area is preferred.
- Experience: One year of work experience in a professional writing position in a marketing environment or a creative setting or a minimum of three semesters of experience in a part-time position in a similar professional setting is required. Familiarity with database systems such as Ellucian Banner, PeopleSoft or some other type of database product utilized by institutions of higher learning is preferred. Knowledge of higher education recruitment and admissions procedures is preferred. Experience utilizing innovative technology such as a CRM solution is preferred.
- Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, especially an ability to write for external publications. Strong proofreading and editing skills are required. Organizational and planning skills are required. The ability to manage a high volume of complex projects is required. Experience working with diverse teams to implement a system or solution is required. Demonstrated skill in public speaking and in engaging with large audiences is required. Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, in a higher education environment is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
- Effort: Daily travel between the two Office of Admissions worksites is required. This position makes presentations, attends recruiting events, transports and sets-up media equipment, supplies, and displays unassisted. Data entry and computer work is required.
- License: A valid driver’s license is required.
- Other: Must be available to attend events during evenings and weekends; out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
For more information about the job description, click here!
If you interested in applying, click here to apply!