Company Name: Jost Chemical Company
Company Website: www.jostchemical.com/
Company Information: “Jost Chemical is an FDA-registered, FSSC 22000-certified cGMP manufacturer of high purity specialty chemicals for pharmaceutical, biotech, nutritional, food and other markets. Our ability to customize products that meet USP/EP/ACS/FCC/GB and other customer-specific requirements has made us a global leader in quality. For more than 35 years, Jost has ensured that every step of the process is controlled, meeting the highest levels of purity and lot-to-lot consistency.”
Job Title: Sales Representative (Inside Sales)
Position Overview: “Responsible for expanding Jost’s business within the assigned account base. Accountable for achieving sales goals through the development of new customers and expansion of the product line within the existing customer base.”
- BS/BA degree, science-related field preferred
- 2-3 years of sales experience
- Able to travel up to 20%
- Knowledge of:
o Computing and communication technology (Broad level)
o Chemical and scientific terms (Basic level or ability to quickly learn)
o MS Office computer package (Broad level)
o Sales documentation practices
o Salesforce (preferred)
- Skill in:
o Attention to detail
o Oral and written communications
o Organization and documentation
o Sales lead follow-through
- Ability to:
o Develop and maintain client relationships, including hosting entertainment
o Actively seek out and solicit customers via phone/email
o Effectively use data to drive improvement
o Lead customer projects from conception to commercialization
o Closely monitor customer performance issues and give prompt attention to client needs
o Work independently with self-motivation
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sells to new and existing customers, seeking to expand Jost’s share in the markets served.
- Works closely with the other members of the Sales team to provide useful forecasting information to Operations.
- Works cooperatively with sales colleagues to qualify and transition accounts to meet the growth targets of the Company.
- Can provide some basic technical support to clients.
- Projects a positive image of the Company in all dealings with customers, suppliers, trade groups & regulatory agencies and conducts business in accordance with all applicable laws and the highest ethical standards.
- Develops and maintains customer relationships through telephone calls, video conferencing, and email contacts.
- Acts as a customer liaison for the other functional groups of the Company such as Laboratory, Operations & Accounting
- Assists in establishing sales objectives in cooperation with the Sales Manager.
- Represents the Company in trade groups and at trade shows & conferences sanctioned by management.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Start/ End Date: TBD
Contact Information: Please contact, Debra Zahner, for more information.