Missouri State University alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends are invited to let the good times roar and celebrate all things maroon and white at Homecoming 2014!
- What: Homecoming 2014 – Let the Good Times Roar
- When: Oct. 12-18, 2014
- Where: Across campus and in downtown Springfield
- Who: Missouri State students, faculty, staff, alumni and community members
- Sponsors: The Alumni Association and student Homecoming committee
- Homecoming dinner and awards ceremony
- Oct. 17, 6 p.m. at University Plaza Convention Center
- Bear Tracks 5K
- Oct. 18, 7 a.m. at Plaster Student Union
- Homecoming parade
- Oct. 18, 9 a.m. at John Q. Hammons Parkway
- BearFest Village
- Oct. 18, 11 a.m. at BearFest Village
- Missouri State Bears vs. South Dakota Coyotes football game
- Oct. 18, 2 p.m. at Plaster Stadium
- Bears on the Square
- Oct. 18, 5 p.m. at Park Central Square
Share your story
Help us spread the word about Homecoming to the Missouri State and local communities by sharing it on social media.
We encourage you to join the online conversation during Homecoming by posting about it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tagging your posts with the official hashtag: #BearsHomecoming
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag the post with the official Homecoming hashtag: #BearsHomecoming
- Whenever applicable, tag Missouri State University or @MissouriState; MarooNation or @MarooNation; MSU Student Homecoming or @MoStateHC2014; Missouri State Bears or @MOStateFootball
- If applicable, tag the post with the Springfield, Missouri, hashtag: #SGF
- If you would like to provide a link for more information on the event, please link to: Homecoming
- When you post to Facebook, boost your status update by sharing it with a photo.
- Nothing beats a first-hand perspective! If you attend a Homecoming event, consider sharing a photo from or quote about your experience.
Sample social media posts
- Join @MarooNation and @MoStateHC2014 in letting the good times roar at Homecoming 2014! http://bit.ly/BearsHomecoming #BearsHomecoming #SGF
- Lace up your running shoes and race fellow Bears to the finish line during the Bear Tracks 5K: http://bit.ly/19C4ijU #BearsHomecoming
- Soak in some maroon-and-white spirit at the Homecoming Parade on Oct. 18 at 9 a.m. on JQH Pkwy! http://bit.ly/1rSQxcP #BearsHomecoming #SGF
- Cheer the @MOStateFootball Bears on against the Coyotes on Oct. 18 at 2 p.m. in Plaster Stadium! http://bit.ly/17BIExT #BearsHomecoming
Review our steps for turning a link into a tweet.
Homecoming 2014 has an associated Facebook event; please link to the Facebook event page where appropriate: Homecoming 2014
Sample Facebook posts
Sharing about Homecoming on Facebook allows for some additional customization. The sample posts provide content recommendations based on our best practice tips for optimizing link sharing on Facebook.
- Headline: Invite fellow Bears to let the good times roar at Homecoming 2014! #BearsHomecoming
- URL: https://www.facebook.com/events/788662127832799/
- Fans of all ages are invited to join Boomer, the spirit squads and fellow Bears at the new BearFest Village! #BearsHomecoming
- URL: http://alumni.missouristate.edu/homecoming/bearfest-village-tailgate.htm