Want to work in a fun environment while getting hands-on job experience?
Several opportunities available
The office of Web and new media has three student positions available:
Web Help Desk Associate
- Assists University website developers with telephone and in-person support.
- Creates and configures websites in Web Press and converts websites to the Web Press system.
- Creates technical documentation for website developers.
- Implements website designs using CSS.
- Programs dynamic and interactive Web applications using advanced programming knowledge including technologies such as SQL and server-side programming languages such as C# and PHP.
- Uses GIT source control.
- Utilizes external APIs including Google Maps and Flickr.
- Designs Web graphics, including unit mastheads and featured updates
- Updates Web information and graphics on University website
- Provides design/layout information and Adobe CS assistance to other members of the office of Web and new media
- Applicants should feel comfortable in a fun yet professional atmosphere.
- Applicants must have effective communication skills and the ability to learn technology quickly.
- Applicants must also be Missouri State University students who can work 10-20 hours/week during the standard work day (8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday).
Pay ranges from $9-10.50 per hour, depending on position. Work hours may also count toward internship for course credit.
Opening are available immediately. To apply, email your résumé to email@example.com
About the office of Web and new media
The office of Web and new media maintains many of the Web pages for Missouri State University including the homepage, search and campus map. In addition, the office provides support for Web developers across campus. The office is located downtown in the Meyer Alumni Center.