Grow foods, grow minds, grow communities
As if being a professional basketball player and corporate sales leader wasn’t impressive enough, Will Allen can now add MacArthur “Genius” Grant winner, author and CEO to his resume. Allen not only founded Growing Power Inc., he is also known as one of the preeminent agriculture and food policy thinkers of our time.
Allen wrote “The Good Food Revolution” to share his story and discuss how his grassroots movement is changing the way the country eats. Allen believes that we must have healthy food systems in order to have healthy communities.
He will address the Missouri State University and Springfield communities at the 2017 Fall Convocation.
- What: Public Affairs Convocation
- When: 7 p.m., Nov. 2, 2017
- Where: Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts
- Who: Will Allen
- Tickets: Free and open to the public; no ticket required
- Sponsor: Missouri State Public Affairs
Share the story
Help us spread the word about this event to the Missouri State and local communities by sharing it on social media. If you are at the event, we want to hear about your experience!
We encourage you to join the conversation during the Public Affairs Convocation by posting about it on social media. Tag your posts with the official Missouri State Public Affairs hashtag: #CitizenBear
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag post with the official Public Affairs hashtag: #CitizenBear
- Whenever possible, tag:
- If applicable, tag the post with the Springfield, Missouri hashtag: #SGF
- If you would like to provide a link for more information on the event, please link to Public Affairs Convocation
- When appropriate, boost your post by including a photo
The following photos are available for your use. Please be sure to credit the photographers in your post.
The following video is available for your use:
- Urban farming pioneer @GrowingPower CEO Will Allen discusses how healthy foods create healthy communities at free event @HammonsHall, Nov. 2
- Nov. 2 – join @GrowingPower CEO as he discusses “The Good Food Revolution,” the @MissouriState common reader: bit.ly/1Pb9WBK
Sample Facebook posts
- Post: Missouri State freshmen are reading “The Good Food Revolution,” the story of Will Allen’s journey of changing the way our nation eats. Allen will speak to our community on Nov. 2.
- URL: bit.ly/1GEF5FT
- Post: Urban farming pioneer and MacArthur “Genius” Grant winner Will Allen will join us for a free, public event about his book, “The Good Food Revolution.”
- URL: bit.ly/1GEF5FT