A quick Q/A about Bears basketball
- When you think of the 1999 Sweet Sixteen game against Duke, do you remember the line “You know (Alford) didn’t get that suit in Springfield, Missouri?”
- Did you root for Saint Louis when Charlie Spoonhour became the Billikens coach?
- When announcers talk about all-time great free throw shooters, do you start repeating “Blake Ahearn” aloud?
- Can you hear the Bear Pride band playing the William Tell Overture Finale just before tipoff and the second half?
- Actually, Alford later said he did – at John’s Suit Shop!
- It’s ok. You probably went to high school there.
- Why not? He has a 94.6% career percentage.
- No? Time to come back.
Missouri State University Athletics is offering a no-risk chance to enjoy Bears basketball. Simply select season tickets. If, by Dec. 29, you don’t want to keep attending games, you’ll receive a full refund. If you decide to keep your season tickets, simply pay in full by January 15, 2017.
“Bears basketball is one of the most prolific sporting events in our community, and we really believe in this team,” said MSU Director of Athletics Kyle Moats. “We are ready for an exciting season and getting our community back to JQH Arena. With 17 home games in store, we guarantee fans will see something they enjoy.”
Current season ticket holders are not eligible for this offer. Available seats include all seating areas at JQH Arena except for loge seats, courtside seats, and the first five rows of Sections B, C, D, K, L and M.
Call (417) 836-8899 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday to select seats today.