Missouri State University recently selected four new members for the Alumni Association board.
- Caitlin Schaefer, ’18, relationship management associate for Lord, Abbett & Co. LLC
- George Winston, ’93, director of admissions for Washington University in St. Louis
- Mark Campbell, ’86, senior vice president at First State Community Bank
- Katelyn Palmer, ’24, president of the Student Alumni Association
Schaefer, Winston and Campbell will serve three-year terms on the board. They will begin on July 1 and serve until June 30, 2025. Palmer will serve a one-year term as a student board member.
About the Alumni Association
Missouri State has almost 140,000 alumni worldwide. The Alumni Association at Missouri State keeps alumni connected to their alma mater.
The association’s programs allow alumni to engage with each other and Missouri State. Together, alumni can volunteer, attend Alumni Chapter and MarooNation events and travel the world.
From new alumni chapters to new events, the association is always developing programs that complement their traditional programs.
“The Alumni Association provides alumni the opportunity to engage with the university no matter where they are in their life,” said Greg Fansler, the executive director of engagement and alumni relations.
Whether it is happy hours with young alumni or the Golden Bear reunion at Homecoming, alumni always have opportunities to connect.
The Alumni Association has 24 board members. As ambassadors of Missouri State, the board members represent the interests of alumni to the University.
The board members guide and support the association’s programs and services. They also work with the association’s staff to increase alumni philanthropic participation through initiatives like Missouri State’s Giving Day.
The new board members will help provide strategic direction for the following programs:
- The alumni chapter and corporate program
- The college and constituency program
- The student and young alumni program