Missouri State University alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends are invited to celebrate all things Maroon and White at Homecoming 2023. This social media kit includes everything you need to invite your social circle and plan an unforgettable weekend.
- What: Homecoming 2023
- When: Oct. 20-21, 2023
- Where: Across campus and in downtown Springfield
- Who: Missouri State University alumni, students, faculty, staff and community leaders
- Sponsors: The Alumni Association and Student Homecoming Committee
- Class of 1973’s 50th Reunion: Oct. 20, 10:30 a.m. at the Kentwood Hall Crystal Ballroom
- Wrestling Reunion: Oct. 20, 7 p.m. at the Kenneth E. Meyer Alumni Center
- Band of Bears Homecoming Parade: Oct. 21, 9 a.m. along John Q. Hammons Parkway
- Breakfast with Boomer: Oct. 21, 10 a.m. at the Foster Recreation Center
- Golden Bears Reunion: Oct. 21, 10:30 a.m. at the Plaster Student Union Ballroom
- Bears and Lady Bears Scrimmages: Oct. 21, 10 a.m. at the Great Southern Bank Arena
- Alumni Tailgate: Oct. 21, 11 a.m. at BearFest Village
- Football Bears vs. Murray State: Oct. 21, 2 p.m. at Plaster Stadium
- Alumni Chapter Mixer and the first-ever BeAR Crawl: Oct. 21, 7 p.m. at Springfield Brewing Co.
Share your story
Get fellow Bears and friends pumped up for Homecoming weekend by sharing about it on social media using the hashtag #BearsHomecoming2023.
You can keep it simple by using the visual assets shared here or get creative and make your own content that inspires Bear pride. We’ve listed a few ideas to get you started.
Share the activities you’ll be attending
What Homecoming traditions will you be participating in? Help fellow Bears and friends know what to expect by sharing about the wide variety of activities taking place throughout the weekend.
You could even make a trendy reel about the drinks you’re excited to try at the first-ever BeAR Crawl or the BearWear outfit you have in mind for the Alumni Tailgate.
Share memories of year’s past
We love to reminisce! Share images, videos, notes or memorabilia of your favorite moments on campus. Don’t forget to tag the Alumni Association so we can share your memories with the greater Bear network online.
Tap into your professional and personal communities
Homecoming is a celebration for all things Missouri State, including the communities that make up our beloved university. Don’t forget to invite your colleagues and peers to the festivities.
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag the post with the official Homecoming hashtag, #BearsHomecoming2023, and other relevant hashtags such as #GoBears and #GoMaroon.
- Tag Missouri State University (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter), the Alumni Association (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and other university accounts so we can reshare your content.
- Share the link to the Homecoming webpage, if applicable.
- Update your profile and cover photos with the Homecoming visual assets provided here.
- Elevate your Facebook or Twitter post by sharing it with a photo.
- Tell us and fellow Bears about your experience by posting real-time updates of the festivities you attend.
Social media visual assets
Profile images for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Facebook post images
Facebook cover images
Facebook event image