Favorite things to do in Springfield
This blog post goes hand in hand with a post from a couple weeks ago in which Alexandria discussed her top five favorite places on campus. She lists some great places—I recommend you give her post a read.
Sometimes, though, it’s good to get off campus. It gives you the opportunity to get out of your own head, to take a break from classes and studying, to explore the local community and more. Below is a list of some of my favorite places and things to do in Springfield.
For me, these places represent memories that I have come to cherish. From going to the Wonders of Wildlife when I was little (before they remodeled, of course) to going to a minor league Cardinals game to even competing at tournaments. I hope the following list makes you remember memories, too—or helps you create new ones! Enjoy 🙂
- Johnny Morris’ Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium
- connected to the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World headquarters in Springfield, MO
- Fantastic Caverns (Facebook page)
- Shakespeare at the Columns
- They present live, free-admission Shakespeare plays at Springfield Art Museum’s outdoor amphitheater every summer. You can find them on Facebook.
- You can give donations if you like but it is not required.
- Springfield Art Museum
- Free admission!!!
- Catching a Springfield Cardinals game (their schedule)
- MMASC Karate Tournament
- If you want to watch another sporting event or if, like me, you are a martial artist and want to go to a tournament, this is a great place to do it. Here is their Facebook page for more information.
(Bio: My name is Rhiannon Casey, a transfer student from Arkansas State University. I am currently a Senior Marketing Major with an emphasis in Advertising and Promotions.)