Have you ever been working on a project with a tight deadline or needed to send an urgent email, only to realize you’ve been locked out of your account or you can’t remember your password? Avoid those delays by keeping your account security information up to date!
Manage Your Account Security Options
It’s easy to manage your account security at Missouri State. Simply head over to the Security Setup page and log in with your Missouri State Office 365 account. Once there, you can add as many account security options as you like to ensure that you never get locked out of your account or struggle to reset your password again.
- Navigate to www.missouristate.edu/securitysetup
- Use your Office 365 Login to sign in
- Verify any existing security methods for accuracy
- Select + Add method to create a new security option
- Choose from Authenticator app, Alternate phone, Office phone, or Email
We recommend having at least 2 methods set up, a phone number and authenticator app, to ensure you will always have access to your account.
An email address only works for unlocking your account or resetting your password; it does not work for multi-factor authentication, so be sure to set up at least one of the other options as well.
Contact the Help Desk
As always, the Computer Services Help Desk is available to assist you with all of your account needs: Request Help
- Don’t Lose Access to your Account! - October 28, 2021
- Mark Harsen Retirement Social - September 1, 2021
- Changes to Account Security – Set Up Your Options Today! - June 16, 2021
- Updated Content Editor in Blackboard - November 5, 2020
- Zoom Recording Clean Up - October 26, 2020
- Updated Zoom Requirements - September 17, 2020
- Coming Soon: Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) - July 29, 2020
- Microsoft Audio Conferencing Now Available - March 18, 2020
- New Help Desk Service Portal - February 10, 2020
- Information Services Planned Upgrade Day Scheduled for January 2, 2019 - December 4, 2018