COB Spring Awards Dinner
The College of Business is delighted to highlight our students’ hard work, and each spring, we do so with an awards ceremony. The 2013 Spring Awards Dinner, held May 2 at the University Plaza Hotel, was a showcase for the high level of academic achievement our students realize.
This year, 15 departmental and four College of Business awards were conferred to students as family, friends, faculty and 28 members of the COB Executive Advisory Council cheered them on. This year’s winners:
School of Accountancy
- School of Accountancy Outstanding Graduating Seniors: Ashley Bishop and Olivia Kimmanau
- Federation of Schools of Accountancy Outstanding Graduate Student: Jeremy Davis
- School of Accountancy Faculty Award for Excellence: Ryan Carmichael
Computer Information Systems
- Outstanding CIS Student: Michael Gulledge
- Association of Information Technology Professionals Outstanding Member Award: Dustin Banks
Finance and General Business
- Outstanding Graduating Senior in Finance: Collin Geringer
- Outstanding Graduating Senior in Risk Management: Chase Conover
- Outstanding Graduating Senior in General Business: Jackie Fugitt
- Outstanding Graduating Senior in General Business from the MSU China Campus: Banban “Barbara” Wu
Fashion & Interior Design–Awards given out at the Fashion Show and Interior Design Senior Showcase
- Outstanding FID student: Jessica Boyer
- Best Merchandiser: Nathan Cates
- Best Designer: Zachary McCormack
- Interior Design Showcase Outstanding Seniors
- First Place: Betsy Wilson
- Second Place: Justin Evans
- Third Place: Samantha Zinkel
- Outstanding Student in Management: Garrett Mueller
- Management Department Scholastic Achievement Award: John David Davis
- Outstanding Student in Marketing: Todd Whitmer
- Outstanding Student in Marketing – Exemplifying the Public Affairs Mission: Kris Keilty
Technology & Construction Management
- Gimbel Achievement Award: Alyssa Gerke
College of Business Awards
Virgil Cheek Memorial Award:
This award is given to an outstanding graduating senior majoring in business in recognition of exceptional academic achievement.
During her time at MSU Cassie was very active in the Honors College, Delta Sigma Pi, AITP, Phi Kappa Phi, and the Golden Key International Society. She held several internships including Hallmark, Associated Electrical Cooperative and ConocoPhillips. Cassie is now an MSU alumnus as of December 2012, with a degree in Computer Information Systems and Information Technology Service Management with a minor in Spanish. After spending this spring working in London, she will begin a full-time position as an IT new hire with ConocoPhillips in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. In August, after an 8 week training program, she will either remain in Bartlesville or be transferred to Houston or Anchorage, Alaska.
Joseph Daniel Delp Award:
This award is given to a graduating senior who has shown outstanding achievement, performance, leadership and perseverance.
Casey is a senior majoring in Marketing and a member of the University Honors College. Casey is a very active volunteer in the Springfield community. He has volunteered over 60 hours with the Special Olympics, 20 hours with the American Heart Association, 30 hours with Big Brothers and Big Sisters of the Ozarks, and in 2012 he raised over $1,500 for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital. On campus he is a member of Order of Omega and former Academic Chair, Vice President, and President of his social fraternity, Sigma Phi Epsilon. He is also a past recipient of the Ron Coulter Outstanding Marketing Research Student.
Outstanding Master of Business Administration Award:
This award is presented to an outstanding MBA student in recognition of his or her exceptional academic achievement.
Brett earned his undergraduate degree from the University of Missouri and is currently pursuing his MBA with an emphasis in Operations and Supply Chain Management. Brett is very active within the MSU MBA Association and MSU Graduate Student Senate. He is currently serving as a graduate assistant in the MBA office. For summer 2013, Brett was offered two highly prestigious internships with national and global corporations IBM and Rolls-Royce. He has selected Rolls-Royce and will be the Supply Chain Planning & Control Intern with Defense Aerospace, Rolls-Royce North America located in Indianapolis, Indiana this summer.
David D. Glass Outstanding Graduate Student in the College Of Business:
This award is given to an outstanding graduate student from the School of Accountancy or the Master of Business Administration program in recognition of his or her outstanding academic achievement.
Paige earned her Master’s degree in Accounting this spring after completing her Bachelor’s degree in accounting in spring 2012. Paige is very active in the Accounting Club where she serves as treasurer and director of career activities. She is also a member of Beta Alpha Psi and was a member of the MSU Honors College. She currently works as a Graduate Assistant in the School of Accountancy and a Staff Accountant at KPM (Kirkpatrick, Phillips, and Miller) CPA’s here in Springfield. After graduation she has accepted a full-time position with KPM.