This is a great question! Currently, there are around 30 employers with reserved interview space for September 11, the day after the COB Career Fair. There are a few things to keep in mind if you are invited to one of these interviews.
- All interviews will take place at the Springfield Expo Center. (This is the same location where you attended the COB Fair on 9/10).
- You can get to the Springfield Expo Center on foot by walking north on campus along John Q. Hammons Boulevard. Turn left on St. Louis Street.
- You may also ride one of the Bear Line Shuttles via the Blue Route, to Kentwood Hall, directly across the street from the Expo Center. (COB will not be offering special shuttle service on 9/11).
- Enter through the main doors off St. Louis Street and go down the stairs for check-in. A staff member from COB or the MSU Career Center will be there to meet you.
- Please adhere to the COB Career Fair professional attire dress code for this event unless otherwise instructed by the employer.
What to bring:
- Extra copies of your resume-you may meet with someone you did not speak with at the Fair.
- References- have references prepared in case you are asked to share them. Remember to ask for permission before listing someone as a reference!
- Only bring what you can carry. There will not be a location to leave a backpack or additional items.
- Remember to silence your phone.
- Be prepared to answer general interview questions and have a few questions prepared to ask the interviewer.
- Get contact information before leaving so you can send a “Thank You” email or handwritten note. An email thank you is appropriate in this situation.
- Send the “Thank You” on the same day as your interview.