Types of activities
Participating IMA student organizations compete for gold, silver and bronze status by completing a variety of academic and professional activities.
Missouri State Accounting Club members completed various activities to promote IMA’s mission and vision, including:
- Hosting Zoom calls with industry professionals.
- Reviewing and discussing a statement on management accounting.
- Listening to IMA podcasts.
- Connecting with young industry alumni.
- Reading strategic finance articles.
- Participating in IMA webinars.
- Reviewing IMA blog posts.
- Reading a research white paper.
IMA’s mission is “to provide a forum for research, practice development, education, knowledge sharing and advocacy of the highest ethical and best business practices in management accounting and finance.”
IMA strives to be the leading resource for those in the accounting and business profession.
About the Accounting Club
The goal of the Accounting Club is to provide students with a modern take on the accounting industry.
Participating in the club also allows student members to connect with local professionals and employers.
“The pandemic introduced many restrictions to completing IMA activities, but our students persevered despite the new virtual format,” said Dr. Christopher Hines, Accounting Club faculty advisor. “I am very proud of the club officers and their leadership during a difficult time that resulted in the award accomplishment.”