The Bear Pantry and the Nutrition and Dietetics department are partnering to promote healthy eating choices, while decreasing food insecurity on campus.
Missouri State University Dietetic Intern, Nicole, demonstrated how to utilize food from the Bear Pantry to make good, healthy snacks. In her recipe, Nicole used staple Bear Pantry items to make PB&J Energy Bites.
PB&J Energy Bites
Serving size: 1 bite (45 calories, 6g carbohydrates, 2g protein, 2g fat, 1g fiber)
- 1/4 cup rolled quick oats
- 1/3 cup nut or seed butter
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup jelly or fruit spread
- Combine and stir all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl
- Use a spoon or scoop to make 1-inch sized balls and rolls with hands until round. Store in a container in the fridge.
Dietetic Internship Graduate Certificate at Missouri State
This program’s mission is to prepare competent registered dietitian nutritionists who are citizen scholars, with expertise in either public affairs or rural health, who will meet the need of dietetic practitioners across the nation.