Earth Week is here! Take some time over the next few days to develop a habit that also supports the environment! Here are a few ideas to reduce your carbon footprint and practice sustainability while on campus:
- Stay hydrated with your reusable water bottle! Pack a water bottle in your bag and utilize the water bottle re-fill stations in academic building, dorms, and community spaces around campus.
- Soak up the sun by walking or biking to and around campus! The Foster Rec Center has shower and changing facilities for use that allow you to stay clean while you limit gas usage.
- Volunteer with the MSU Campus Garden! As the warm weather approaches, the Campus Garden team will need helping hands to tend to the plants that are grown using all-natural and environmentally friendly methods. The Campus Garden donates harvested produce to the Bear Pantry so getting involved support the planet along with fellow Bears who get to try the local fruits and vegetables.
- Clean out your fridge and pantry! To prevent food waste, go through your storage spaces and get creative in the kitchen by using food scraps to make a tasty meal. If you find any non-used items that you are not interested in, donate them to the Bear Pantry.
- Get plugged in and meet others who are also passionate about keeping our planet green! Consider minoring in sustainability or joining the sustainability commission, sustainability leadership program, or the green student alliance organization!
Check out the sustainability department’s Earth Week events and join in on the fun!