Everything You Need to Know and More
You’ve heard people talking about it. But what is it?
What is First Friday Artwalk?
The first Friday of each month brings hundreds of people to historic downtown Springfield for First Friday Art Walk, a Springfield cultural happening. Art lovers “Walk the Walk” throughout the Downtown Arts District, enjoying original art, music, demonstrations and performances in 28 gallery venues.
First Friday Art Walk is a grassroots event established by downtown’s art galleries, art venues, sponsoring businesses and the arts community. The first Art Walks took place in the late ’90s, and the Walk became a monthly event beginning in 2001. A program of the Springfield Regional Arts Council, First Friday Art Walk is dedicated to promoting fine art and economic sustainability in the Downtown Arts District.
Is it Free?
Yes! It is free to walk around downtown. Some vendors may even have samples of a product. The event is held from 6-10pm.
Who is Involved?
The September vendors include:
- Art Inspired
- Arts & Letters
- Blue Block Lofts
- The Creamery Arts Center
- DB Design Salon & Art Gallery
- Drury Pool Art Center
- Fresh Gallery
- The History Museum on the Square at the Fox Theatre
- MSU Brick City Gallery
- MSU Center of International Programs
- MSU Student Exhibition Center
- Obelisk Home at the Inspired Commerce Building
- OTC Fine Art Gallery at The Gillioz
- Park Central Branch Library
- Qdoba Mexican Grill
- Springfield Brewing Company
- Springfield Hot Glass Studio
- Springfield Police Museum at the Calaboose
- Springfield Pottery
- Transformation Gallery & Tattoo
- University Plaza Hotel and Convention Center
For more information, please take a look at the First Friday Art Walk website: http://www.ffaw.org/