Join us Tuesday, April 5 at 4pm in Magers Health and Wellness Center room 100 and learn how to make Greek Yogurt Egg Salad and No-Bake Granola Bars.
Greek Yogurt Egg Salad
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional – mini bell peppers cut in half
- Finely chop 6 hard boiled eggs, reserving 2 yolks. Mash reserved yolks in a medium bowl. Stir in Greek yogurt, green onion, yellow mustard, and salt. Gently stir remaining hard boiled eggs into yogurt mixture.
- If desired, fill mini bell pepper halves with egg salad. Season, to taste, with white or black pepper.
No Bake Granola Bars
Ingredients (this recipe makes 8-10 bars):
- 2 cups old fashioned or quick oats
- 2 scoops protein powder
- 1/2 -1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk or milk substitute
- 2 tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, unsweetened shredded coconut or dried fruit
- In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients including oats, protein powder and dark chocolate chips. Toss until well combined.
- Microwave natural peanut butter for 30-60 seconds. Add to bowl with dry ingredients.
- Add honey and milk to mixture and mix until slightly sticky and well mixed.
- Line 9 inch square baking dish with parchment paper and press mixture into pan until well distributed. Freeze for 30 minutes or refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Cut into bars, saran wrap and store in fridge for 10 days or freezer for 30 days.