The hospitality leadership department at Missouri State University has hired Dr. Kara Wolfe as the new department head. She will begin July 1.
Wolfe, who most recently was on the faculty at Bradley University, will succeed Dr. Stephanie Hein when she retires.
Hein has been on faculty at MSU since 2003.
Experience and education
Wolfe’s work experience spans 20 years, including roles as:
- Associate professor at North Dakota State University.
- Chair of the family and consumer sciences department at Bradley University.
“Kara comes to Missouri State University with great experiences at two different institutions,” said Dr. Tamera Jahnke, dean of the College of Natural and Applied Sciences. “I am very excited to welcome Dr. Kara Wolfe to Missouri State University.”
Wolfe led both North Dakota State University and Bradley University through a successful initial Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration accreditations, added Jahnke.
Missouri State has held this accreditation since 1994.
Wolfe earned her:
- Bachelor of Science at Emporia State University.
- Master of Science at Kansas State University.
- PhD from Kansas State University.