July is Healthy vision Month
Eye disease may have no warning signs. Comprehensive eyes exams may help detect eye disease as other serious health conditions, such as diabetes and hypertension.
Take care of your eyes by taking care of your overall health. Magers Health and Wellness Center can help.
- Eat health foods – Nutrient rich foods provide nutrition that your eyes need.
- Get active – Physical activity can lower your risk for diseases that can lead to vision problems.
- Stop smoking- smoking increases risk of various diseases and can cause optic nerve damage.
Protect your eyes, follow these important safety guidelines:
- Get a comprehensive vision exam yearly. Find a VSP participating plan provider.
- Wear sunglasses – the VSP plan offers additional discounts on sunglasses.
- Wear protective eye-wear.
- Give your eyes a rest- if you work on a computer, its important to rest your eyes about every 20 minutes by shifting your focus.
- If you wear contacts – clean and replace lenses as directed by your eye care professional.
MSU offers 2 vision plan options with VSP, a base plan and a premium plan. Both plans offer a $10-copay, yearly well-vision exam. Check out the plan highlights.
Vision related expenses including co-pays, eyeglasses, and contacts are eligible expenses under the Cafeteria/flex spending plan. Utilization of the cafeteria plan allows additional savings through use of pre-tax funds. Employees currently enrolled in the plan can submit eligible expenses to ASIFlex.
Enrolled in the Allstate Accident plan? Did you know that the Physician’s treatment benefit of $50/$75 can be claimed and reimbursed directly to you? Services reimbursed under this portion of the plan benefit do not have to related to an accident. Physician treatment payable includes an eye exam; File a claim.
Enrollment/Changes can be made to the Allstate accident, VSP vision plan and Cafeteria/flexible spending plans, yearly during open enrollment (November 1-December 1), or within 30 days of a qualifying event.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for assistance with qualifying event enrollments.