There are numerous ways to attend and integrate one or more of the 23 different virtual and in-person events of the 2022 Public Affairs Conference! Below are a few suggested ways that faculty can integrate the conference into their Syllabuses for fun and effective student comprehension. Virtual sessions follow the general schedule of class times.
- Show one of the Zoom Webinar panel sessions in class and use as discussion in your next class as it relates to the class content
- As an assignment, have students attend 1-2 sessions in or outside of class and write a reflection on what they learned from the session
- Give extra credit for attending and have students write 2-5 true or false questions (with answer) given the content from the session
- Each panel speaker shares from a unique perspective: have students share those 3-4 multiple viewpoints and if those various viewpoints influenced their thoughts on the topic
- Have students select a session of choice and write a paragraph on how that topic related to them personally or to your specific class.
Faculty can view the schedule of topics and speaker bios to assist with content to incorporate into a class. This year’s conference includes 9 speakers who are MSU Alum!
BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
Faculty, staff, students and members of the community are also encouraged to incorporate one or more events their special projects, community engagements or employee development!
For more ideas contact the Office of Public Affairs Support at 417-836-8832 or email at PublicAffairsSupport@MissouriState.edu!