Answers to common questions about writing for the Web
Attend a free workshop on writing for the digital world, Tuesday, July 15. This interactive session, hosted by University marketing and communications, will address common questions such as:
- What are visitors to my website looking for? What about my blog and social media?
- How do I communicate effectively when visitors have such short attention spans?
- How do I manage new information that needs to go on my website?
- How do I tell stories that will hook readers?
- How do I dive into the world of social media? Or how do I improve what I’m already doing there?
- What should my expectations for these platforms be? And how do I make it all work together?
- What: Short and Snappy: Writing for the Digital World
- Who: Open to all University faculty and staff; particularly beneficial for anyone who is managing or plans to manage University websites, blogs or social media (All ranges of experience are welcome.)
- When: Tuesday, July 15: 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Where: Karls Hall, Room 101
- Why: To gain tangible strategies for maximizing the potential of your online content
This workshop is free, but registration through My Learning Connection (on the Profile tab of My Missouri State) is requested.
- Recap: Making Your Statement in a Digital World - November 17, 2016
- Recap: 2016 Public Affairs Convocation on social media - November 9, 2016
- Free training for websites, blogs and social media - November 2, 2016
- Redesigned physician assistant studies website: Academic excellence + work-life balance - October 3, 2016
- Free photo opportunity for faculty and staff - August 24, 2016
- Mobile-friendly academic website conversions: Spring semester progress - July 23, 2016
- Free photo opportunity for faculty and staff - June 17, 2016
- Free photo opportunity for faculty and staff - April 7, 2016
- Recap: Student work featured - January 11, 2016
- Redesigned biology website: Diverse programs in a mobile-friendly format - January 7, 2016