This week, we rolled out an all new version of the Calendar website. This was both a major brush-up of the user interface and a much-needed overhaul of the underlying technical infrastructure of the site.
The biggest change is that the calendar site is now in our new mobile-responsive templates. We’ve been hard at work converting our web presence to the mobile friendly template, and getting a core site like the calendar is a big step forward in that effort.
We’ve thrown in some features as well. Events can now have a photo or YouTube video embedded in them, with default photos for most campus locations.
Searching and filtering events should be easier as well. We’ve updated the set of predefined keywords to a descriptive list of event categories that you can easily use on the agenda, week, and month views. Similar filters are available for audience, sponsor, and event location. Under the hood, the HTML markup behind every event’s details page has been updated to embrace a widely used standard to make it friendlier to search engines. This will be especially helpful for the coming updates to our search site.
We’ve also laid the technical groundwork for future updates to the site, including featured events. Stay tuned for further updates!
This project has been years in development, and we’re extremely glad to finally get it out to share with the campus.
- Improving website security - August 31, 2017
- Web Press to be upgraded June 7-8 - June 1, 2017
- Free workshop: Become a security ninja - May 18, 2017
- Do your part for web accessibility - March 2, 2017
- Our picks from #heweb16 - February 2, 2017
- Missouri State seeks full-time new media specialist - January 31, 2017
- Better search results now available - August 18, 2016
- Missouri State seeks full stack developer/engineer - June 24, 2016
- Missouri State seeks full-time new media specialist for alumni relations - June 20, 2016
- Calendar is now mobile friendly - June 2, 2016