Missouri State University alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends are invited to celebrate MSU and all things maroon and white at Homecoming 2016. We’ve created a social media kit to help you share the event with your family and friends.
- What: Homecoming 2016 – Welcome Home
- When: Oct. 14-15, 2016
- Where: Across campus and in downtown Springfield
- Who: Missouri State University alumni, students, faculty, staff and community members
- Sponsors: The Alumni Association and Student Homecoming Committee
- Bears on the Square
- Oct. 14-15 in downtown Springfield
- Homecoming concert with the Pointer Sisters
- Oct. 14, 8 p.m. in Hammons Hall
- Breakfast with Boomer
- Oct. 15, 10 a.m. in Meyer Library
- Homecoming Parade
- Oct. 15, 9 a.m. on John Q. Hammons Parkway
- BearFest Village
- Oct. 15, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at BearFest Village
- Missouri State Bears vs. Leathernecks of Western Illinois University
- Oct. 15, 2 p.m. at Plaster Stadium
- Welcome Home Reception
- Oct. 14, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Share your story
Help us spread the word about Homecoming to the Missouri State and local communities by sharing it on social media.
We encourage you to join the online conversation during Homecoming by posting about it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tagging your posts with the official hashtag: #BearsHomecoming
Homecoming related social media content posted with #BearsHomecoming will be aggregated and featured through Tagboard. To be featured, users need to:
- Post to a public account on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Vine or Flickr
- Include the hashtag #BearsHomecoming
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag the post with the official Homecoming hashtag: #BearsHomecoming
- Whenever applicable, tag:
- If applicable, tag the post with the Bears athletics hashtag: #MSUBears
- If applicable, tag the post with the Springfield, Missouri, hashtag: #SGF
- If you would like to provide a link for more information on the event, please link to: Homecoming
- When you post to Facebook, boost your status update by sharing it with a photo. Nothing beats a first-hand perspective!
- If you attend a Homecoming event, consider sharing a photo from or quote about your experience.
Sample social media posts
- Join @MarooNation and @MoStateHC2016 in this years theme, Welcome Home Bears past and present #BearsHomecoming #SGF
- Make Homecoming Headquarters your first stop on campus, and get everything you need for #BearsHomecoming weekend: http://alumni.missouristate.edu/homecoming/homecoming-headquarters.htm
- Celebrate #BearsHomecoming and enjoy specials at participating #downtownsgf businesses with Bears on the Square: http://bit.ly/BOTS15 #SGF
- Don’t miss our #BearsHomecoming concert with the ‘sass’ and ‘brass’ with @PointerOfficial Oct. 15 at @HammonsHall. Buy tickets: http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketPurchase?pid=8308058
- Join us for a kid-friendly breakfast w/@MSU_Boomer and color your own Boomer tote after the #BearsHomecoming parade: http://bit.ly/BfastBoomer
- Soak in MSU spirit and watch floats, bands, & more at the #BearsHomecoming Parade Oct. 15 at 9 a.m. on JQH Pkwy #SGF: http://bit.ly/BHPArade
- Tailgate w/#MSUBears fans and prepare to cheer on @MOStateFootball in @BearfestVillage at 11 a.m. #BearsHomecoming: http://bit.ly/BFV1llage
- Bring the kids to @BearfestVillage and check out the Family Zone north of McDonald Arena #BearsHomecoming: http://bit.ly/BFV1llage
- Cheer @MOStateFootball on against the Leathernecks Oct. 15 at 2 p.m. in Plaster Stadium. Tix: http://bit.ly/BHFootball #BearsHomecoming #MSUBears
Review our steps for turning a link into a tweet.
Homecoming 2016 has an associated Facebook event; please link to the Facebook event page when appropriate.
Sample Facebook posts
Sharing about Homecoming on Facebook allows for some additional customization. The sample posts provide content recommendations based on our best practice tips for optimizing link sharing on Facebook.
- Headline: Celebrate Missouri State and Welcome Home fellow Bears at #BearsHomecoming!
- URL: https://www.facebook.com/events/496655433874286/
- Caption: Enjoy a family-fun morning including breakfast, a meet and greet with Boomer, and color your own Boomer coloring tote bag after the #BearsHomecoming parade Oct. 15.
- Celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on May 19 - May 16, 2022
- New Content Management System Coming Soon - March 3, 2021
- Meet our newest team member: Valerie Cummings - October 20, 2020
- Graduate students: Share the stories of MSU - May 1, 2019
- New design for university websites - April 17, 2019
- Marketing and communications offices have new names - July 6, 2018
- Social Media Kit: Spring 2018 Public Affairs Conference - March 27, 2018
- Lessons learned from the Alumni Association and Bear Bulletin redesigns - March 2, 2018
- Be smart on social: You’re one of us - February 27, 2018
- Recap: Making Your Statement in a Digital World, Spring 2018 - February 26, 2018