Missouri State University alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends are invited to celebrate MSU and all things maroon and white at Homecoming 2017. We’ve created a social media kit to help you share the event with your family and friends.
- What: Homecoming 2017 – Welcome Home
- When: Oct. 27-28, 2017
- Where: Across campus and in downtown Springfield
- Who: Missouri State University alumni, students, faculty, staff and community members
- Sponsors: The Alumni Association and Student Homecoming Committee
- Rockstar: Oct. 24, 7 p.m. in Hammons Student Center
- Yell Like Hell: Oct. 26, 6 p.m. in Hammons Student Center
- Welcome Home Party: Oct. 27, 5-8 p.m. outside The Davis-Harrington Welcome Center
- Bears on the Square: Oct. 27-28 in downtown Springfield
- Rent: Oct. 27-28, in Hammons Hall – Tickets
- Breakfast with Boomer: Oct. 28, 10 a.m. in Meyer Library
- Homecoming Parade: Oct. 28, 9 a.m. on John Q. Hammons Parkway
- BearFest Village: Oct. 28, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at BearFest Village
- Missouri State Bears vs. Indiana State Sycamores: Oct. 28, 2 p.m. at Plaster Stadium – Tickets
- Maroon and White Scrimmage: Oct. 28, 10 a.m. – noon in JQH Arena
- Access all homecoming weekend activities
Share your story
Help us spread the word about Homecoming to the Missouri State and local communities by sharing it on social media.
We encourage you to join the online conversation by posting on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tagging your posts with the official hashtag: #BearsHomecoming
Homecoming related social media content posted with #BearsHomecoming will be aggregated and featured through Tagboard. To be featured, users need to:
- Post to a public account on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, or Flickr
- Include the hashtag #BearsHomecoming
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag the post with the official Homecoming hashtag: #BearsHomecoming
- Whenever applicable, tag: Missouri State University or @MissouriState, MarooNation or @MarooNation, @MOStateHC2017, Missouri State Bears or @MOStateFootball
- And any other university account like @MSUPrideBands
- If applicable, tag the post with the Bears athletics hashtag: #MSUBears
- If applicable, tag the post with the Springfield, Missouri, hashtag: #SGF
- If you would like to provide a link for more information on the event, please link to: Homecoming
- When you post to Facebook, boost your status update by sharing it with a photo. Nothing beats a first-hand perspective!
- If you attend a Homecoming event, consider sharing a photo from or quote about your experience.
- You can update your profile and cover photos with the Homecoming logo.
Facebook timeline photos
Twitter timeline photos
Twitter profile photos
Facebook profile/cover photos
Sample social media posts
- Join @MarooNation and @MoStateHC2017 in this year’s theme: Every Bear, Everywhere #BearsHomecoming #SGF
- The Welcome Home Party is THE place to start your maroon and white weekend with fellow alumni: http://bit.ly/BearsParty
- Celebrate #BearsHomecoming and enjoy specials at participating #downtownsgf businesses with Bears on the Square: http://bit.ly/BearsOTS #SGF
- Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes… http://bit.ly/BearsRent #BearsHomecoming Oct. 27-28 at @HammonsHall.
- Join us for breakfast w/ @MSU_Boomer and take home a picture with the best mascot in the MVC #BearsHomecoming: http://bit.ly/BfastBoomer
- Let’s cover JQH Parkway in maroon and white during #BearsHomecoming Parade Oct. 28 at 9 a.m. #SGF: http://bit.ly/BHPArade
- Tailgate w/ #MSUBears fans and prepare to cheer on @MOStateFootball in @BearfestVillage at 11 a.m. #BearsHomecoming: http://bit.ly/BFV1llage
- Bring the kids to @BearfestVillage and check out the Family Zone north of McDonald Arena #BearsHomecoming: http://bit.ly/BFV1llage
- Cheer @MOStateFootball on against the Sycamores Oct. 28 at 2 p.m. in Plaster Stadium. Tix: http://bit.ly/BHFootball #BearsHomecoming #MSUBears
Review our steps for turning a link into a tweet.
Homecoming 2017 has an associated Facebook event; please link to the Facebook event page when appropriate. And don’t forget to join and share on your pages.
Sample Facebook posts
Sharing about Homecoming on Facebook allows for some additional customization. The sample posts provide content recommendations based on our best practice tips for optimizing link sharing on Facebook.
- Headline: Celebrate with Every Bear, Everywhere at #BearsHomecoming!
- URL: https://www.facebook.com/events/496655433874286/
- Headline: Enjoy a family-fun morning including breakfast, a meet and greet with Boomer and get your own family portrait with him on Oct. 28 #BearsHomecoming
- URL: http://bit.ly/1Pa3XfP
- Headline: Find an event for every Bear in your life at #BearsHomecoming Oct. 27-28.
- URL: http://bit.ly/BearsHCevents
- Headline: Get out your BearWear and enjoy antoher #BearsHomecoming weekend Oct. 27-28.
- URL: http://alumni.missouristate.edu/homecoming/
- Celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD) on May 19 - May 16, 2022
- New Content Management System Coming Soon - March 3, 2021
- Meet our newest team member: Valerie Cummings - October 20, 2020
- Graduate students: Share the stories of MSU - May 1, 2019
- New design for university websites - April 17, 2019
- Marketing and communications offices have new names - July 6, 2018
- Social Media Kit: Spring 2018 Public Affairs Conference - March 27, 2018
- Lessons learned from the Alumni Association and Bear Bulletin redesigns - March 2, 2018
- Be smart on social: You’re one of us - February 27, 2018
- Recap: Making Your Statement in a Digital World, Spring 2018 - February 26, 2018