During the Collaborative Diversity Conference, you can learn to take part in expanding diversity networks and creating a statewide community for enhanced recruitment and retention of underrepresented professionals, faculty and students. This is a two-day event with a pre-conference screening of American Textures designed to showcase industry-specific best practices in cultural competence, intervention, pedagogy and research.
- What: Collaborative Diversity Conference
- When: April 20-21, 2017; pre-conference April 19
- Where: Plaster Student Union, Missouri State University
- Who: Diversity experts including keynote speaker Professor Scott E. Page
- Tickets: Standard registration = $200; MSU; Pre-conference = $100; students can attend both for free but are required to register; more registration information
- City of Springfield
- Community Foundation of the Ozarks
- Springfield News-Leader
- Missouri State Dining Services
- John Deere Reman
- Springfield Public Schools
- William Jewell College
- Commerce Bank
- Springfield Area Human Resources Association
- Veterans United Home Loans
- College of Natural and Applied Sciences
- City Utilities
- Jenkins Diesel Power
- Minorities in Business
- O’Reilly Auto Parts
Share your story
Help us spread the word about the Collaborative Diversity Conference to the Missouri State University and local communities by sharing it on social media.
If you attend the event, we want to hear about your experience! We encourage you to join the online conversation during the Collaborative Diversity Conference by posting about it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tagging your posts with the official hashtag: #Diversity17.
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag the post with the official Collaborative Diversity Conference hashtag: #Diversity17
- Whenever possible, tag Missouri State University or @missouristate; Division for Diversity and Inclusion or @DiversityMSU
- If applicable, tag the post with the Springfield, Missouri, hashtag: #SGF
- If you would like to provide a link for more information on the event, please link to: Collaborative Diversity Conference
- Nothing beats a first-hand perspective! If you attend the Collaborative Diversity Conference, consider sharing a photo from or quote about your experience.
Sample social media posts
- The Collaborative Diversity Conference is 4/20-4/21. Plan your events: http://bit.ly/1jCcSb8 #Diversity17
- How to be a #CitizenBear: Attend the Collaborative Diversity Conference: http://bit.ly/1jCcSb8 #Diversity17
- The Collaborative Diversity Conference will explore the value of community. Registration: http://bit.ly/1kF6tfI #Diversity17
- The Collaborative Diversity Conference welcomes Prof. Scott E. Page on Thursday, April 20. http://bit.ly/1gvyPoI #Diversity17
Review our steps for turning a link into a tweet.
Sample Facebook posts
Sharing about the Collaborative Diversity Conference on Facebook allows for some additional customization. The sample posts provide content recommendations based on our best practice tips for optimizing link sharing on Facebook.
Review our tips for making the most of a Facebook post.
Headline: Keynote speaker Scott E. Page offers ways to breakdown complex systems and grow diversity
Text: The Collaborative Diversity Conference is your opportunity to engage with diversity professionals, share best practices and gain creative ideas.
Text: Learn about inspiring commitment and driving collaboration at the Collaborative Diversity Conference.