During the Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference, you can learn to take part in expanding diversity networks and creating a statewide community for enhanced recruitment and retention of underrepresented professionals, faculty and students. This is a three-day event designed to showcase industry-specific best practices in cultural competence, intervention, pedagogy and research.
- What: Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference
- When: March 16-18, 2016
- Where: Plaster Student Union, Missouri State University
- Who: Diversity experts including keynote speaker Maura Cullen
- Tickets: Standard registration = $200; Student registration = $90; more registration information
- Livestream: Dr. Maura Cullen’s keynote lecture, “Dumb things well-intended people say: Increasing diversity competency,” will be broadcast online via Livestream March 18 at 1:30 p.m.
- Sponsors: Missouri State University Center for Community Engagement, City of Springfield, Community Foundation of the Ozarks, Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce, Springfield News-Leader, Frito Lay, Missouri State Dining Services, Shelter Insurance, John Deere Reman, Springfield Public Schools, Legal Services of Southern Missouri, The Missouri Bar Young Lawyers’ Section, The Missouri Bar, William Jewell College, UMB, Cargill, Commerce Bank, Springfield Area Human Resources Association, St. Louis University, KCP&L, State Street, Veterans United Home Loans
Share your story
Help us spread the word about the Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference to the Missouri State University and local communities by sharing it on social media.
If you attend the event, we want to hear about your experience! We encourage you to join the online conversation during the Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference by posting about it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tagging your posts with the official hashtag: #Diversity16.
Make your post social media savvy
- Tag the post with the official Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference hashtag: #Diversity16
- Whenever possible, tag Missouri State University or @missouristate; Division for Diversity & Inclusion or @DiversityMSU
- If applicable, tag the post with the Springfield, Missouri, hashtag: #SGF
- If you would like to provide a link for more information on the event, please link to: Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference
- Nothing beats a first-hand perspective! If you attend the Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference, consider sharing a photo from or quote about your experience.
Sample social media posts
- The Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference is 3/16-3/18. Plan your events: http://bit.ly/1jCcSb8 #Diversity16
- The Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference will explore the value of community. Registration: http://bit.ly/1kF6tfI #Diversity16
- The Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference welcomes Maura Cullen on Friday, March 18. http://bit.ly/1gvyPoI #Diversity16
- The Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference hosts student day on Wednesday, March 16. http://bit.ly/1jCcSb8 #Diversity16
- Watch @DrMauraCullen‘s keynote, “Dumb things well-intended people say” March 18 at 1:30 via Livestream: http://livestream.com/mostate/events/4902303 #Diversity16
Review our steps for turning a link into a tweet.
Sample Facebook posts
Sharing about the Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference on Facebook allows for some additional customization. The sample posts provide content recommendations based on our best practice tips for optimizing link sharing on Facebook.
Review our tips for making the most of a Facebook post.
Headline: View the schedule for the Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference
Text: The Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference is your opportunity to engage with diversity professionals, share best practices and gain creative ideas.
URL: Division for Diversity and Inclusion Facebook event
Text: Learn about inspiring commitment and driving collaboration at the Statewide Collaborative Diversity Conference.
This guest post was written by Tabitha Haynes. Please contact her for more information.