The redesign mainly consists of a reorganization of content into new playlists to better reflect findings from the marketing research as well as to highlight the tagline Follow Your Passion, Find Your Place.
Why the changes were made
Extensive marketing research recommended that the University focus on the following attributes:
- Quality academic programs
- Warm community experience
- Affordable education
The research also identified certain words and ideas that are closely identified with Missouri State; examples include public affairs, Bears, maroon, affordable, home, and comfortable.
When you now visit the Missouri State YouTube channel, you’ll see that the top two playlists are titled Follow Your Passion and Find Your Place, which places greater emphasis on the University’s tagline. Videos are then placed into the appropriate playlist for the best exposure.
Examples of videos that would fit into each category would be:
- Follow Your Passion: a video highlighting a student’s academic experiences
- Find Your Place: a video highlighting a student’s first week on campus, and how they immediately felt part of a community on campus
How do I utilize content on YouTube?
When you’re creating and distributing content, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is there a video that can help illustrate Missouri State’s commitment to academic success?
- Is there a video that will convey more about the environment?
- Are there opportunities to embed videos that correlate with the University’s tagline of Follow Your Passion, Find Your Place?
- Are there opportunities to use videos that focus on terms that performed well in the marketing research (such as Bears, maroon, affordable, home)?
All videos on the Missouri State YouTube channel are freely available to be shared with others. We highly encourage you to repurpose any relevant videos when you are creating new content.
The two playlists of Follow Your Passion and Find Your Place, or any videos included in those playlists, can be embedded on your website or blog. These videos can also be shared through your social media channels.
To stay up to date with the latest videos being uploaded to the Missouri State Youtube channel, please subscribe to the channel’s RSS feed.
Regular listings of the most recent videos are also shared each month on the Web and New Media Blog.