In The Fall 2014 Issue:
|November 20||Garst Dining Center closed through November 29|
|November 21||Thanksgiving Break; Residence Halls Blair-Shannon, Freddy, Wells, and Woods close at 8:00 a.m.|
|November 29||Residence Halls reopen at 8:00 a.m.|
|December 5-10||Final Exam Period|
|December 12||Winter Break; Residence Halls Blair-Shannon, Freddy, Wells, and Woods close at 8:00 a.m.; Dining Centers will be closed|
|December 21 – January 3||Offices Closed|
|January 9||Residence Halls open at 8:00 a.m.|
Limited break housing will be available in Hammons and Hutchens house for $20/night. Spaces are offered on first-come-first-served basis. If interested, e-mail AbbyBrown@missouristate.edu with your name, BearPass number and the dates you need housing.
There are also break-housing rooms available at the University Plaza Hotel. The University Plaza is located at 333 S John Q. Hammons Parkway, one block north of Sunvilla. The cost is $69/night and includes a hot breakfast each morning. If you are interested in taking advantage of these accommodations, please contact the University Plaza directly at (417) 864-7333. Booking and billing is all handled through University Plaza.
Please be aware that mail service to all closed residence halls will be suspended and that mail service will not be available until the residence halls reopen in January. Your mail will not be forwarded during the Winter Break. There will be no access to mail during this time, as the reception desks are not staffed. If you are expecting an important piece of mail, please make sure it is mailed to you before your residence hall closes—no later than December 11, 2015—or make other arrangements for delivery.
During the Winter Break, Residence Life, Housing and Dining Services will reset all wired computer registrations. Upon returning to the residence halls, all students will need to re-register any device that was utilizing a wired Ethernet connection. For more information, please contact ResNet at 417-836-6100 or visit http://resnet.missouristate.edu
Your BoomerMeals balance will start over for Spring. Any BoomerMeals left over from the Fall semester will carry forward to Spring.
If you are not returning to the residence halls for Spring, you will lose any unused BoomerMeals from Fall but will not be charged for Spring BoomerMeals.
If you are thinking about leaving Missouri State for the spring semester, please visit this link and share your plans.
The following form information is for students who plan to remain enrolled at Missouri State but hope to live off campus:
- Educational Cancellation Form – For students participating in Internships, Student Teaching, or Study Away programs during the spring semester. Please submit your form to Hammons House 104 along with appropriate verification documentation from the Study Away Office, your Internship Company, or your Academic Advisor. All approved Educational Cancellations will receive a refund of the $100 housing deposit minus any damages.
- Breakage Information – For students who wish to request a breakage of their on-campus housing contract but remain a Missouri State student, please contact Hammons House 104. Very few breakages are granted and even those approved will be subject to breakage fees and loss of deposit.
- Fraternity and Sorority Breakages – Fraternity and Sorority students who meet specific criteria are eligible to break their on-campus housing contracts to move into chapter houses (breakage fees will apply). A breakage request form must be submitted to Hammons House 104 no later than December 18th for review. Students will be notified of their status via e-mail by January 8th.
If you are not returning to Missouri State after the Fall semester and are eligible for a refund of your deposit, be sure you have updated your permanent address and/or Direct Deposit information in My Missouri State. If you are signed up for Direct Deposit, your housing deposit (minus any damages) will be refunded to your bank account. If you are not signed up for Direct Deposit, the housing deposit (minus any damages) will be mailed to your permanent address. Checks that are mailed to incorrect addresses will be returned to Accounts Receivable and held there for the student to retrieve.
It’s time to start thinking about your plans for the 2016-2017 academic year. Think about all of the advantages you experience by living on campus:
- Convenient billing and pay options
- Easy access to educational resources such as the library, CLAW, and after hours lectures and events
- FREE laundry included and Laundry Alert in Hammons, Hutchens, Wells, and Sunvilla
- FREE cable and internet access with FREE computer support from ResNet
- Meet people and build relationships that last a lifetime
- Students living on campus outperform their counterparts off campus academically
Look for information about reapplication in January or visit reslife.missouristate.edu/reapplicationtimeline.htm