2021 – #WeMustDoBetter as people, a community, a nation, and a world.
Maya Angelou said, “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.”
According to Entrepreneur.com, there are twelve actions to take to be a better person and leader:
- See yourself for who you are – know your strengths and weaknesses.
- Forgive and let go of anger.
- Accept responsibility – you are the only one responsible for your actions.
- Admit when you are wrong and apologize.
- Be a good listener – actually hear what the other person is saying.
- Be polite – let kindness be your compass.
- Have respect for others (and yourself).
- Set goals for yourself.
- Live with integrity – your actions are in tune with your beliefs.
- Recognize opportunities to grow and change – don’t allow fear to hold you back.
- Be part of a community.
- Embrace the journey – there will be good times and tough times, but combined those times will get you where you need to be.
“And so, it is time to revise everything. We must revise the way we speak, the way we work, the way we think and the way we act. We must do better. And we must do it now. We just can’t wait any longer, “ Samora Pinderhughes, The Root.