The Missouri State Bears are aiming for more NCAA Tournament success and looking to improve upon their Super Regional appearance in 2015. Junior third baseman Jake Burger was just named to the midseason player watch list for the Golden Spikes Award, which is given annually to college baseball’s best player. He is considered a possible first-round choice in June’s major league baseball draft. You’ll kick yourself if you miss him as a Bear. Luckily, you can see him play in Springfield in a crucial game against rival Mizzou. First pitch is 6:35 p.m. on Tuesday, April 25 at beautiful Hammons Field. The Bears lead the all-time series against the Tigers 28-25 and look to keep the winning edge.
Grand Slam special
Get out your BearWear and warm up your voice. Grab the kids and make sure they bring their gloves – they just might catch a foul ball. Dinner plans? We’ve got you covered. Fans can enjoy a full ballpark buffet and take home MSU swag.
- Buffet includes hot dogs, bratwurst, potato salad, chips, popcorn, lemonade and iced tea.
- The buffet is available from 6:15-7:15 p.m.
- Fans can purchase buffet access, a game ticket, an exclusive MSU double-walled tumbler and a bonus ticket to one of the MSU vs. Indiana State games on May 12, 13, or 14, all for just $20.
- Only 350 of these Grand Slam deals are available, so don’t miss your chance for an awesome evening of America’s favorite past time.
Staff ticket special
Missouri State staff can join the fun with a special opportunity. Beginning April 17 they can pick up two tickets per person and food vouchers good for popcorn and soda at the game. Bring your staff ID to the Campus Recreation business office, but don’t wait. There are just 200 tickets available, so first come, first served.
Missouri State Days at Kauffman and Busch Stadium
By the way, you can also catch your favorite MLB team with special discounts and perks this summer on Missouri State Alumni Days.
Cheer for the Royals with fellow Bears for Missouri State Day at Kauffman Stadium.
- Kansas City Royals vs. Cleveland Indians
Friday, May 5, 2017
7:15 p.m. game time (gates open at 5:45 p.m.)
Hit a grand slam when you join fellow Bears for Missouri State Day at Busch Stadium.
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Philadelphia Phillies
Saturday, June 10, 2017
1:15 p.m. game time (gates open at 11:15 a.m.)