Missouri State University Bears everywhere are welcomed home for #BearsHomecoming 2017.
Student events are Oct. 22-28, while alumni and community events are Oct. 26-28.
The Davis-Harrington Welcome Center will serve as Homecoming headquarters, complete with interactive displays, snacks, discounts and more.
This year, the Welcome Home party is expanding outdoors. It will feature more treats, including food trucks, a caricaturist and Missouri State wines.
“There’s never been a better time to be proud of your alma mater, from the dedication of the newly renovated Ellis Hall, to the unveiling of the Glass Hall expansion,” said Lori Fan, executive director of alumni relations. “Renew old friendships, make new friends and see why Missouri State is a great place to be.”
Community members are invited to register to participate in the Band of Bears Homecoming Parade. Complete and submit entry forms online by 4 p.m. Oct. 23. The parade will start at 9 a.m. Oct. 28 on John Q. Hammons Parkway and St. Louis Street. For questions regarding the parade, contact Britt Spears.
BearFest Village registration
Reservations for Homecoming tailgating space at BearFest Village Oct. 28 must be received by noon Oct. 23. Space is limited. BearFest Village is located north of Plaster Stadium in the grass plaza in front of McDonald Arena. Tailgating begins at 11 a.m., with setup at 9 a.m.
- Glass Hall ribbon cutting ceremony and open house, 10 a.m. Oct. 26 and Oct. 28, respectively
- Bears on the Square, all day Oct. 27-28, downtown Springfield
- Welcome Home Party, 5 p.m. Oct. 27, Davis-Harrington Welcome Center
- RENT 20th Anniversary Tour Show, 7:30 p.m. Oct. 27 and 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. Oct. 28, Juanita K. Hammons Hall
- Breakfast with Boomer, 10 a.m. Oct. 28, Meyer Library
- Men’s and Women’s Basketball Maroon and White Scrimmage, 10 a.m. Oct. 28, JQH Arena
- Bears Football Game against Indiana State University, 2 p.m. Oct. 28, Plaster Stadium