Update: Due to university schedule changes, the university will retire the legacy Passport VPN on Tuesday, February 23.
If you are an authorized user of Missouri State’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) service, changes are coming soon. The VPN is used to access certain on-campus resources remotely. Examples of these resources include file servers like Bear1 and remote desktop access to on-campus workstations.
On February 16, 2021 Missouri State University will retire our legacy VPN service accessed through Passport.MissouriState.edu, and transition to an upgraded VPN accessed through VPN.MissouriState.edu. This upgraded VPN will provide a more secure login experience and require Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) to remotely access the university’s network. To ensure that you do not lose access to any services please take a moment to transition to the new VPN by following the instructions linked below:
The new VPN is available now, and all users are encouraged to make the transition as soon as possible.
If you have not already configured Multi-Factor Authentication options, open the web browser of your choice and navigate to https://missouristate.edu/securitysetup to enroll any phone numbers or mobile applications that you will use as second authentication factors. If you do not complete this step before accessing VPN.missouristate.edu, you will be prompted to do so on your first sign in. Detailed instructions for this process can be found in the Knowledge Base.
- Phishing Email Targeting Missouri State Users - September 13, 2022
- October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month - October 7, 2021
- Account Security Changes Coming July 27 - July 13, 2021
- VPN Changes Coming February 23 - January 21, 2021
- Update Chrome to Stay Safe Online - November 17, 2020
- Secure Your Online Classroom Spaces - April 3, 2020
- External Sender Alerts Coming Soon - April 3, 2020
- Stay Safe While Working Remotely - March 19, 2020
- Beware of Coronavirus Related Scams - March 12, 2020
- Simulated Phishing at Missouri State - February 24, 2020